comm/sci (1 Viewer)

halidida

HSC
N/A
hi

I wanted to study Comm/sci at unsw with my science major being psychology but i have no idea if that will complement my commerce major (i have no idea what to pick) and i definitely don't want to major in marketing. what are other comm majors that will work well with psych? also is accounting a good choice for psych?

so clueless lol soz

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
com and science are two completely different fields tbh you can't complement them much

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
hi

I wanted to study Comm/sci at unsw with my science major being psychology but i have no idea if that will complement my commerce major (i have no idea what to pick) and i definitely don't want to major in marketing. what are other comm majors that will work well with psych? also is accounting a good choice for psych?

so clueless lol soz
Why wouldn't you want to major in marketing? It's like the perfect complement to psychology (the other being human resources).

-Senpai

HSC
com and science are two completely different fields tbh you can't complement them much
For the science degree you can major in mathematics or statistics - So in a way it's similar to doing advanced maths or actuarial

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
For the science degree you can major in mathematics or statistics - So in a way it's similar to doing advanced maths or actuarial
OP was talking about psych and I was basing my opinion off that

halidida

HSC
N/A
thanks for the help, but i was trying to avoid maths (i should have said). would studying economics be a better complement to accounting?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
thanks for the help, but i was trying to avoid maths (i should have said). would studying economics be a better complement to accounting?
Accounting and psychology have very little in common. Economics or even finance (behavioural finance and behavioural economics are emerging fields) would be better but contain a great deal of mathematics in them.

As mentioned before, marketing or human resources best complement the psychology major if you want to minimise your exposure to mathematics.

halidida

HSC
N/A
its not so much that i want to avoid it i guess, but that i don't want to study maths as a subject in uni. I wouldn't mind if it was a part of the course and included in the work. thanks trebla!

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
its not so much that i want to avoid it i guess, but that i don't want to study maths as a subject in uni. I wouldn't mind if it was a part of the course and included in the work. thanks trebla!
Isn't business and econ stats a compulsory unit for commerce

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I dont think you are required to take any math courses with a major in psychology, of course unless im mistaken
Surely you are required to take first year maths with a B Sc degree regardless of major? Also, you cover statistics in psychology so knowing some of that first year maths stuff is pretty important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)