Comm vs Eco overseas (1 Viewer)

callywoo

HSC
I'm trying to decide between:

Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Economics double at Monash with second major in finance and an elective major in a language

or

Bachelor of Commerce at Melbourne with a major in economics and possibly finance (eco is not offered as a degree with the new melbourne model, but it's included in commerce) and breadth or concurrent diploma in a language.

I am planning to work overseas though and many people on this site have said noone recognises Bcomm overseas, but they've heard of BEco.. so should I be weary of graduating with just a Bcomm, even though the structure of the degree will be almost the same?

Which of these degrees would be more highly regarded by an international employer? By how much? Monash is much more convenient.

Cheers
(sorry I posted a similar thread before, but I wanted to reframe question)

billbro

HSC
N/A
Internationally, I doubt you will get significant recognition regardless of your degree because our tertiary institutions simply don't command attention.

Either way, from hearsay I have been told that in other countries, students enrol in the more traditional degrees. So it won't make much difference whether it is Commerce or Economics because most students won't be doing either, but something akin to B Arts or B Science instead.

HSC
N/A
The name of the coarse doesnt matter, its the subjects you take (and the reputation of the university) that matter.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
B.Econ is preferred in Europe I read in a job guide.

I'd do the B.Comm in Uni of Melb due to the prestige and I don't mind the look of the course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)