Commerce-Accounting at Macquarie or Law at UWS (1 Viewer)

xxtiaxchelseaxx

HSC
I'm really unsure as to whether I should law at uws or accounting at macquarie. I like macquarie because it has a better name and the course will probably be less demanding but law is what I've always wanted to and apparently I can get in on ten marks less due to a new subject bonus scheme.
So is what is commerce- accounting like? is it hard? or really boring?
any thoughts appreciated.

nhytia

HSC
N/A
depends what you are into. don't choose a uni just for its name cause if you are going to end up hating the course there is a high chance you will drop out anyway.

miss-smexy

HSC
People say that Macquarie has one of the hardest courses for Accounting compared to other unis including unsw and usyd.

Why dont you do a combined degree with both commerce and accounting? then u can do either one?

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
I find accounting easy and boring, but the job security is good. Finance is more interesting and challenging.

Either way, come to Macquarie. Don't be a UWS westie, don't they all wear flanno at that uni?

Maybe pick an accounting, finance and law unit in your first semester and see which one you like the best. Maybe something like ACCG100, ACST101, and a BUSL unit. And do more research in the meantime.

Monstar

HSC
eyyy

Its too early to really discount yourself like that... im guessing you think you will get a UAI of around 85? Well it doesn't really matter, just don't come to Macquarie because of the name...and don't discount yourself to LAW at UWS...

xxtiaxchelseaxx

HSC
At the moment I'm leaning towards Macquarie. I've been wanting to go there for awhile now and I think accounting could be ok. But yeah I guess I'll still consider Law, a bit of time left to decide. And good to know that you can add finance and other options like that.
Really hard to know what UAI I will get. I've got some good rankings but my schools not really academic so our school marks not so good. But I'm expecting mid 80s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)