Commerce/Arts at UNSW- good or bad? (1 Viewer)

poopityface

HSC
Hey BOS community,

I'm in year 12 now and am not completely sure which course I should do at university. Currently I am interested in commerce/arts at UNSW. (commerce=practical, arts=interesting)
I know that commerce at UNSW is quite strong, however, I am unsure as to whether arts would be a good choice. This is because, apparently, it isn't as good in UNSW as opposed to other uni's such as USYD as well as the fact that it may not favourable to job opportunities.

So do you guys think that comm/arts at UNSW is a good choice? If so, why? If not, what other good combinations with commerce are there.

Thanks in advance!

LandCo

HSC
N/A
Personally if I did commerce @ UNSW I would have combined it with information systems.
Right now i'm doing economics, trying to finish the degree asap so that I could get an internship/grad position job.

UNSW Business majors are ranked 1st in Australia (https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/ne...ool-leads-australia-in-accounting-and-finance). Not sure about arts.

Well at the end of the day, it comes down to what do you want to major in?
If you are interested in media/PR stuff.. Do Commerce/Media? I head its great!

a19901213

HSC
Hey BOS community,

I'm in year 12 now and am not completely sure which course I should do at university. Currently I am interested in commerce/arts at UNSW. (commerce=practical, arts=interesting)
I know that commerce at UNSW is quite strong, however, I am unsure as to whether arts would be a good choice. This is because, apparently, it isn't as good in UNSW as opposed to other uni's such as USYD as well as the fact that it may not favourable to job opportunities.

So do you guys think that comm/arts at UNSW is a good choice? If so, why? If not, what other good combinations with commerce are there.

Thanks in advance!

There are many majors in arts degree which allow you to develop your interest area. As long as you have good grades, the arts degree will definitely supplement your advantages in job market.

However if you're not really interested in any majors in arts degree, you better not do it because it will only interfere your study in other field. Studying things that you're not interested in is really a pain and will cost you a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)