Commerce/Arts (1 Viewer)

HSC
If I were to switch to commerce/arts, how many compulsory commerce sybjects do I need to do?

helmut

HSC
its all written out in the hand book thing. i think. Your doing arts now right...?

compulsary commerce are acounting A & B, mirco and macro economics, statistics and INFS [info systems, which is just a waist of time at the moment as the course is still badly structured and doesn't make much sense at all]

HSC
N/A
There's seven compulsory core units. I guess it's better than the eleven you'd have to do if you did straight commerce.

Junior units of study (36 credit points):

ACCT1001 Accounting 1A

ACCT1002 Accounting 1B

ECMT1010 Business and Economic Statistics A

ECON1001 Introductory Microeconomics

ECON1002 Introductory Macroeconomics

INFS1000 Business Information Systems Foundations

Senior unit of study (6 credit points):

ECOF3001 Business Strategy

Last edited:

adambra

HSC
I'm considering transferring from Commerce to this purely because I can't stand 3/4 of my subjects every semester and want to enjoy more of my learning. Plus walking out of Uni with a knowledge of Accounting, INFS, Stats and Neoclassical economics isn't the education I'd imagined I'd leave with.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
Hey for those that do commerce/arts at USYD is it a good degree? is it interesting ? I put it down for my first preference and yeah im just wonderin what people who actually are doing the course think of it.

claudiegirl

HSC
Hey! Im doing Commerce/Arts at the moment and im really enjoying it. I hated doing Commerce subjects during the first semester but now I pretty much like them. Its great because I did 2 really general, v. unstructured art subjects this semester(Modern Art and Modern English), and having subjects like accounting felt like I had balance in my study.

I chose Com/Arts I've always loved doing art subjects but I felt that i should have something to fall back on and with a natural interest in business I thought combining the two would be a good idea. Its good because one degree gives you alot of practical skills and is very structured, while the other lets you explore your particular interests and develop important skills, such as critical thinking. In my opinion the worst part of the degree is that its 5 years, compared to the 3 and having to do INFS as a core subject.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
Aw cool ! That was the same reason i thought of applying for commerce/arts if i dont do well in an artsy type job ( i wanna work in film) when i fin i can always rely on the commerce side of the degree. It sounds like such a cool degree i cant wait !

HSC
N/A
I'm doing Commerce/Arts too. It's the perfect balance. I couldn't stand doing all commerce type subjects or all Arts subjects at once. Commerce is too rigid and a bit mathsy for me. Arts involves heaps of reading and essays (depending on what subjects you choose). A bit of both is best.

As claudiegirl I hate the core commerce subjects. But after those are out of the way I'll get to do my preferred major (marketing) - so it'll get better.

pzella

PzELLa
HSC
I wanna do marketing !!! after goin to the USYD open day I thought about majoring in film studies for art and marketing for commerce.
Thanks for replying !! Im super happy i put it for my first preference now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)