Commerce at USYD, UNSW, Macquarie? (1 Viewer)

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
i know that this is the sort of question which is asked too frequently, but i will be having to make this choice and i am undecided where to go. i want to do the bachelor of commerce and i should get enough to go to either of these three unis. I want to know about this specific faculty rather than the university as a whole. Which one is better in terms of teaching, faculty environment and the sort of people in the classes there. I ask this topic as i do not want to be learning in a depressing environment, instead be at a place where the people are vibrant, and its a tough choice on which university to go to.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Better question is whether you should do BComm at all. What do you want to use it for? I see too many slackers go into BComm, get a marketing or management major because it's easy and then just work in sales for the rest for their life.

wavess

HSC
Did you go the uni open days? From personal experience I went to the usyd open day and environment is quite vibrant and the atmosphere is really awesome. It's one of the reasons why I want to go there. But in regards to your commerce question I don't know much, sorry

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
>teaching is shit at all unis, you have to learn everything yourself. You will get very few lecturers that are actually good at teaching
>wtf is faculty environment?
>for the types of people, if you go to UNSW your classes would be majority asian

>uni in general is a depressing environment no matter where you go

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
UNSW...just because..the best proof you'll get is that it's business school ranks the best out of all three in university ranks.You can also go by the higher ATAR argument which entails "smarter' people go to UNSW for commerce because of the ATAR cutoff therefore you'll have a better environment for learning etc... Really it's left to the individual to decide, which is why there are open days. Look through the 100 or so threads on this already and I'm sure you'll find enough information to your question for you to decide.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I will say that UNSW Commerce is very... Asian and very... yeah.

I didn't like the atmosphere.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My English lectures have a much better atmosphere than any of my Commerce lectures ever.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
My English lectures have a much better atmosphere than any of my Commerce lectures ever.
Because none of them take either the course, their degree or life seriously?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Because none of them take either the course, their degree or life seriously?
Nah, it's more that there's a lovely girl to guy ratio - plus it reminds me that there are people at uni who don't have black hair.

Which is quite refreshing.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah, it's more that there's a lovely girl to guy ratio - plus it reminds me that there are people at uni who don't have black hair.

Closet racist.

inJust

HSC

Should I dye my hair for you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)