• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Commerce at UWS or Science at UTS? (1 Viewer)

Moooooo

HSC
Hi everyone. I got an atar of 73.5 and with that there is a chance that I could study commerce at UWS (65) or bachelor of Science for Applied Chemistry at UTS (71.65) as my atar mark meets the requirement. Ultimately I want to transfer to study commerce at either UTS or UNSW. Should I study at UWS then transfer or study at UTS then transfer? Some considerations to take....

-I studied chemistry and physics during HSC years but got hsc mark of 76 and 73.8 respectively. I did not study Business studies or economics.
-I live near Hurstville so UTS is closer using train as transportation.

Any other suggestions are welcomed :smile:

madharris

HSC
N/A
I reckon that you should study commerce at UWS then transfer as I feel this would be a better use of your time. You will be doing relevant subjects and then if you are able to, you can get credit for some of the subjects that you do.
You will also get a feel of what commerce actually is and if you like it or not (whereas you might love science, then transfer and realise you don't like commerce at all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)