commerce course selections and geneds (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
hey guys i have a few questions about my course selections for my degree.
im doing commerce with a single major which is accounting (and i want to do CPA)
can someone please recommend me a good minor to go with accounting? im totaly clueless
also, with my major, which requires 8 accounting courses, 2 are already core courses. so with 6 core courses, the other 6 accounting courses, 4 courses for a minor, plus the options (4 courses) and geneds (2 courses, but 4 really coz theyre only 3cp)
that leaves me with 22 courses? don't i need 24?
another thing, my options will be legt1711, 2721,2741, fins1613. how do i 'declare' these as my options? or do they automatically work it out by eliminating core courses, geneds, major/minor and the 4 courses left are automatically labelled as options?
for CPA i also need infs1602 which can make up for one of the 2 courses im missing. but what about the other?
and finally one more question lol sorry, but for geneds they say i cant do commerce geneds, so does that mean for example, i do stuff from say GENE, GENL,
GENM, GENR, GENS and GENT? isnt that stuff completely irrelevant to bcom?
thanks guys. ur prob wondering y i didnt go to the student centre, but they dont wanna help me there they give me the run around telling me to go to the school of accounting and other places.

Dwight

HSC
As for the irrelevant geneds, thats the point...it's meant to give you variety particularly if you're doing a single degree. I have done two and imho, they are more enjoyable (and easier) than most of the commerce courses.

I'm not sure about the minor (I'm doing a double major myself) but maybe business law/taxation? considering that you have to do quite a few of the courses in that school for your CPA anyway. but yeah its all really down to what interests you

Pace_T

HSC
thanks for your reply Dwight i appreciate it! hmm i think for the two courses that i can do (coz acct major has 2 courses which are already core courses) can be infs1602 and fins1613 which are required for cpa and or ca

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)