• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

commerce degrees (1 Viewer)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Sarah168 said:
not everyone completing an acct major is an "acct finance, i wanna climb the corporate ladder clone" Even if you were, you coudl still have interest in other things or maybe even want to complete a language study which is very useful.
agreed. sarah > stas.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
what happens when you cant transfer stas? dont you have to do like ecop or econ or some shit?
Nah, I'll get my transfer. I apparently only need about 5.60 GPA to transfer and I'm on 5.75 and that's with my poopy ECMT mark. I'm antiscigayting 1 hd this semester so that should pull the gpgay up.
And if I don't transfer this year, I can just do com (lib) subjects and transfer after 3rd year when I'll only need about a 5.0 GPgAy

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
not everyone completing an acct major is an "acct finance, i wanna climb the corporate ladder clone" Even if you were, you coudl still have interest in other things or maybe even want to complete a language study which is very useful.
yes, i know not everyone is like that. but haven't we discussed this already with a usyder who wanted to switch from com (lib) to straight cummerce

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Sarah168 said:
what's the point in transferring after 3rd yr stas?
umm..because com (lib) is 4 years. and i want to get a psych major. and i want to do some extra uos. and i cant get my degree w/o my transfer. so effectively im just doing com (lib) but under the eco soc sci name until after 3rd year. (or this year hopefully)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
its such a rort. you should have to stick to the prereqs of the degree youre currently doing.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
its such a rort. you should have to stick to the prereqs of the degree youre currently doing.
your face is a rort.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
this reminds me of a stupid chick from yr 12:
"Hey, Stas! Are you a left-winger or a right?"
"I'm off-centre left"
"No ways! Be full left. Anything else sucks!"
"Hey, do you like your ipod?"
"Hell yeah! I love my ipod. "
"then shut the fuck up"

pete_mate

HSC
its basically a wank. if you wanted a helpful double degree you'd do commerce/law

yook

HSC
so... im still lost
i want to do stuff like accountanting and finance (im actually interested).. and i want to do it at Sydney. I want to learn a language, but i hate science. Im hoping my uai will be suffice for Comm (Lib. Studies)...

what do youssss recommend.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yook said:
so... im still lost
i want to do stuff like accountanting and finance (im actually interested).. and i want to do it at Sydney. I want to learn a language, but i hate science. Im hoping my uai will be suffice for Comm (Lib. Studies)...

what do youssss recommend.
I think commerce/arts

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
pete_mate said:
its basically a wank. if you wanted a helpful double degree you'd do commerce/law
wow you're so full of knowledge :rolleyes:. b com (lib studies) is not a double degree

Last edited:

yook

HSC
thanks stazi =] however commerce/arts isnt really on my agenda since i dont want two degrees, language is the only appeal [only 6credit points].

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yook said:
thanks stazi =] however commerce/arts isnt really on my agenda since i dont want two degrees, language is the only appeal [only 6credit points].
what? so you only want to do one subject? as in take French beginners and then not do any more of it?

if you're not considering a major in a language, B Commerce is def the way to go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)