Commerce Dilemma (1 Viewer)

oly1991

HSC
Hey peeps,

I got a main round offer for commerce at UNSW, and now i just got a second round offer for commerce at USYD. Im really confused as to which one i want to pursue. I initially wanted to go to UNSW, but now im having second thoughts.

Which course should i choose ?

Pro and cons of each would be nice....soonish aswell plz :)

thanks

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Depends what you want to do with your Commerce degree. What majors do you want?

oly1991

HSC
Depends what you want to do with your Commerce degree. What majors do you want?
Accounting and Finance is what im leaning towards at the moment. I am also interested in marketing and Human resources aswell.

I'm still undecided :(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Accounting and Finance is what im leaning towards at the moment. I am also interested in marketing and Human resources aswell.

Best uni for accounting is UTS, so bad luck there.
Finance I'm not too sure about. UNSW has a dedicated Faculty of Finance, but that doesn't necessarily garuantee quality.
If you were at all interested in Economics, then UNSW would be a clear winner.
And don't pick universities based solely upon hotness of girls. There are exceptions to every rule and it's a pretty stupid way to choose your future.

rx34

HSC
I would pick the one that's closest to home and ones that have added benefits (scholarships?). But overall, I have heard that UNSW's commerce faculty is better than USyd.

runnable

HSC
I always thought Accounting is UNSW business's best department.

My main round offer was to USyd Comm and 2nd round to UNSW. I took the UNSW offer without a second thought because I realised I shouldn't have applied to USyd in the first place.

Look at good universities guide on graduate employment prospects, quality of teaching and all that, UNSW > USyd in all aspects. UNSW Business is also higher ranked than USyd's. The business campus is superior.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
U-Syd commerce is really going downhill, stay as far away from that hole as possible

oly1991

HSC
Thanks everyone.

I've decided to stay with UNSW. The main reason i was considering USYD was because i would be travelling less. However, the accreditatiosn and affiliations that UNSW commerce possesses, considerably outweighs USYD commerce.

One more question:

After one year or semester, can i transfer into commerce/arts? we do the exact same core subs in the 1st semester, so could i just tell them i want to pursue commerce/arts instead of the plain commerce degree, or would i have to inform them now?

runnable

HSC
During the online enrolment process, I remember being asked which degree am I enroling (combined degrees included). Pick Comm/Arts then. If not, you can do an internal transfer after first year.

oly1991

HSC
During the online enrolment process, I remember being asked which degree am I enroling (combined degrees included). Pick Comm/Arts then. If not, you can do an internal transfer after first year.
Yeah i enrolled online a while ago aswell and they asked me the exact question. I obviously picked commerce but now i want to do commerce/arts lol. How hard would it be to internally transfer?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Yeah i enrolled online a while ago aswell and they asked me the exact question. I obviously picked commerce but now i want to do commerce/arts lol. How hard would it be to internally transfer?
Ring ASB/Student Centre and ask whether it's possible to transfer and what you have to do. They'll help you.

runnable

HSC

loler

HSC
Best uni for accounting is UTS, so bad luck there.
Finance I'm not too sure about. UNSW has a dedicated Faculty of Finance, but that doesn't necessarily garuantee quality.
If you were at all interested in Economics, then UNSW would be a clear winner.
And don't pick universities based solely upon hotness of girls. There are exceptions to every rule and it's a pretty stupid way to choose your future.

Accounting is not better at uts, unsw has the best accounting school.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

i wanna major in HR and marketing too! and im going to usyd
therefore you should go to USYD hehe :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)