• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Commerce Monash (1 Viewer)

gaggaz

Gold Member
HSC
N/A
Just curious if anyone has done this and if they liked it cause i was thinkning about it for next yr?
Also, i was aiming to transfer into law after first year, requiring bout 70%ish average.....how hard is it to achieve this?
I know it will depend on how hard u work but any basic assesment as to whether this is achievable would be great.
cheers

turtleface

HSC
dunno about monash but at melbourne first year, pretty much everyone I know in commerce got 80+ average for first year.

(though most of em were from mhs)

gaggaz

Gold Member
HSC
N/A
Cheers tf, puts me at ease a bit cause i really want to be able to pick up law as well.

turtleface

HSC
oh but make sure you study.

as long as u put as much effort into uni as u did with vce you should be ok to get the average(from my experiences at melbourne at least)

if u miss out, make sure u get a good average for the rest of the degree and you can always do graduate law (2 years) at melbourne or monash or anywhere if u really want to (though i dunno if hecs is available)

tlodg

HSC
N/A
turtleface said:
oh but make sure you study.

as long as u put as much effort into uni as u did with vce you should be ok to get the average(from my experiences at melbourne at least)

if u miss out, make sure u get a good average for the rest of the degree and you can always do graduate law (2 years) at melbourne or monash or anywhere if u really want to (though i dunno if hecs is available)
I thought graduate law takes 3 years? I don't mean masters......I mean the undergrad law taken after you graded from another degree

turtleface

HSC
hm not sure about every uni, but in Melbourne theres the JD at University of Melbourne (2yrs or 3 yrs combined with a MBA), or theres the JD at Monash (2 years) or the LLM(Legal Practice) (3 years but it includes the practical component in the last year - but is otherwise identical to the JD)

other unis could differ though, i'm not sure about others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)