Commerce/science, commerce/arts or single commerce at USYD? Which is most beneficial? (1 Viewer)

stgeorge2

HSC
Re: Commerce/science, commerce/arts or single commerce at USYD? Which is most benefic

UNSW=U Never Sleep Well
USYD=U Sleep You Die

Easy decision :D

stgeorge2

HSC
Re: Commerce/science, commerce/arts or single commerce at USYD? Which is most benefic

P.s Melbourne is not a bad uni to consider for commerce as well. Accounting = 1st in Asia Pacific.

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad

An alternative that would give you more flexibility would be Commerce/Science with a concurrent Diploma of Language Studies. It's five years long, but I think the extra year is worth it for the flexibility and extra study options it gives you. For the Diploma, USYD are offering an intensive pathway starting from next year where you can complete the diploma in one year without it disrupting your studies. This will only be offered for Spanish, Japanese, Indonesian and Korean, but it will allow you to study a language without having to forfeit any units in your study program each semester to study it. Or you can do the Diploma part time and do one unit per semester on top of your existing workload (this would mean you have a choice of more languages and can study it in more depth, but the trade off is that you'd be doing more than the standard semester workload, so only do this if you feel confident you can handle it). I'll actually be doing the latter option starting from next year.
I am also thinking about starting a diploma of language studies :) but looking at the intensive pathway, is that only going to be offered from Lvl 1? I've done HSC Japanese Ext. already so I don't think starting at Lvl 1 will really benefit me, that's why I wanted to do the part time option for the diploma.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

I'm really not quite sure whether Level 1 means the junior units or any entry level unit. USYD haven't really given too much in terms of the details of the program.

If you've done Japanese Extension then you should be able to start from Japanese 5. So you would do Japanese 5 and 6 as your entry level units, do 7-10 throughout the term, and do the compulsory culture units which are part of the intensive pathway.

But yeah, doing it part time would work too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)