Commerce/Science for future in medicine.... (1 Viewer)

study12345

HSC
Hello :)
I am getting old, already 20 haha but I want to do commerce/science because I love commerce and science stuff, and also I want a backup if I don't end up getting into graduate medicine. Although I will be working very very hard as it' is my goal.
Its 5 years though.... I don;t want to go UNSW although I know its 4 years there...
Is this a good degree, or waste of time?
I won't be finished my degrees until im 29 D:
is that bad? will i be povo? hahah thanks guysssss

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Nothing is a waste of time if you are interested in learning it. Especially for medicine, I think you'll find a lot of the students there would be around your age. I don't intend to do medicine, but I'll probably still be at uni when I am 29. Don't worry about living in poverty, if you live with your parents or do a sufficient enough amount of part time work you should be able to live quite comfortably.

But if you are concerned about getting into the workforce as soon as possible, then you might want to consider doing just a science degree majoring in some of the medical disciplines (Anatomy & Histology, Physiology etc). You can still have valid career options with that degree even if you don't end up doing medicine itself. That's not to say that doing the Commerce degree won't help; I've found that doing Commerce/Science is quite rewarding and that it has helped develop a number of different skills. But again, it depends on what you consider to be most important; learning as much as you can, or making a living for yourself as soon as you can.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
There are a few straight commerce students who get into medicine as well, it is very diverse. First year medicine is pretty much third year anatomy etc. which is pretty easy to catch up with. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)