commerce transfer :) (1 Viewer)

jen96

HSC
hi there

im in year 12 at the moment, kind of new to posting so sorry if im in the wrong section

basically im trying to research if its easier to transfer from sydney uni economics to sydney uni commerce, than university of technology sydney commerce to sydney uni commerce?

or are they just as difficult as the other?

at this point i would like the graduate doing commerce, preferably at a sydney uni (parents want me to graduate from there as well )

thanks, please share any advice or anything like that you have!

RishBonjour

HSC
Hi Jen!

This is a very common situation and loads of people have gone through this! (In fact today, I met 3 people from USYD economics, who are planning to - and will - transfer into USYD commerce next year).

Firstly, to transfer, USYD will take into account your university mark (usually WAM -average of all your marks/or GPA). Ideally, you want a distinction average, but anywhere above 70 and you have a very decent chance of transferring into commerce.

The thing with USYD is that we don't get any special considerations for internal transfer (within USYD). So you, going to UTS and transferring from there would be the same in terms of the marks you need.

I think, if you really want Commerce, it will definitely not be a problem to get a Distinction in 1st year economics! (hence you should transfer smoothly).

But also have a think about UTS. By doing 'Business' there, you would be basically doing the same units (and maybe even a bit easier to get higher marks)- you can get them transferred over when you get into USYD!

Good luck!
feel free to ask questions on here!

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would definitely keep in mind that getting a specific WAM is not a given.

If you did do a B. Eco and found that you didn't have the marks to transfer, what then? You would have to do a degree you wouldn't want to do in the first place.

This is why I always recommend doing a degree similar to the one you want to do.

abcd223

HSC
N/A
You should also take into account that you may struggle in economics as well. Doing commerce at UTS and then transferring to another uni for the same course would be a safe option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)