Commerce UAI (1 Viewer)

sawagland

HSC
anyone know the UAI needed to get into commerce and the requirememnts needed if any

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
depends on demand

no

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
how about you do some research through google or even from the unsw website?

BackCountrySnow

HSC
requirement: must have no interest in the course but instead be forced into it by asian parents.

L

lsam

BackCountrySnow said:
requirement: must have no interest in the course but instead be forced into it by asian parents.
Congratulation! You met the requirement. Further opportunities for scholarship will be explained. With your Asian-ness, it's possible!

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
yeah it's 95.30 for UNSW. USYD i think is a lot higher - like 98.XX but i'm not too sure about that.

edit: i was wrong guys, 95.20 for UNSW and 94.30 for USYD according to:
www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2008_uai_coffs_csp_main.pdf

BackCountrySnow said:
haha it's sad but so true :p

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
tell that to the law kids

BackCountrySnow

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Gah I hate it when those people choose there course based on what there parents say. Seriously get a life and stop jacking up the cut off for the rest of those that are genuinely interested.
I feel more sorry for the kids.
A girl I know was pushed into commerce to be a Big 4 accoutant.
Hope she realises she's almost 19 soon and starts making her own choices.

BeeCom

HSC
You can get in with as low as ~88 UAI, or you could in my year (06') due to "HSC Plus" where you got extra UAI points for getting band 6's in certain subjects. A few of my HS friends got in with below cut-off UAI's that way.

runnable

HSC
BeeCom said:
You can get in with as low as ~88 UAI, or you could in my year (06') due to "HSC Plus" where you got extra UAI points for getting band 6's in certain subjects. A few of my HS friends got in with below cut-off UAI's that way.

HSCPlus can only add 5 extra UAI maximum... so thats 90.3 for UNSW Commerce...

Im aiming for USyd Commerce :p

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
foreverpink it doesnt work like that. im pretty sure the guidelines state that it is either one and not all combined.

so therefore the guideline is set that one can be 5 uai points maximum from your course at all nsw uni's.

i think the only exception was the stats test used by uws as an entrance policy.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i remember reading this not very long ago. i just cant remember where. it was on either a website or a newspaper article that i came across when finding media for one of my subjects.

sorry if i cant give the source of my info.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Ha yeah same. Must be so depressing doing something for the rest of your life just because parents tell you to.

I tell you what I find ironic? All these Asians studying physics, chemestry etc. do well in them and say they like the course then when it comes to choosing a course for uni they choose commerce.. like WTF?!? (sorry for the steorotypes)
Most Asians I've seen are pushed to do Med.

EDIT: Yeah and sucked in to those people who don't make their own choices. My parents wanted me to do Med. :D

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
foreverpink i just know that ive read a policy which limits unis to allowing entrance scores within 5 uai points and that if you get guaranteed one scheme that you cant accumulate on top of that.

this is why you dont see a student who gains entrance to say for instance commerce with hsc plus, eas scheme and i think extra points for living within the region and also dfee.

or else a person with a uai of say 75 could get into commerce. do you get my point? i just cant find it or lack of a better word, not bothered to :p

runnable

HSC
USyd Commerce is cool but im hearing all these stuff that UNSW Commerce is... ACTUALLY better, in terms of teaching and appeal to employers... Anyone confirm this? lol

BackCountrySnow

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
lol According to the Good Universities Guide, they are pretty similar in terms of quality and employment. Both are reputable unis for commerce. :)
Mel, where can i get this good universities guide?

runnable

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
I don't think a univesity student will be able to answer this.
Haha as if they can't. Some would've done research eg asking or certain information sources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)