commerce vs commerce international (1 Viewer)

Jcc Lin

HSC
hello everyone.

• Just wondering which of those 2 degrees would be most suitable for me if i wanna pursue a career in the field of finance?
  • commerce international requires you to complete a major in international studies, does that mean we do less in commerce.?
  • in terms of employment aspect, which of them is better? are they going to make to qualify for similar fields or different?
sorry about asking so many question,:eek:
it's just that one year overseas study in commerce international sounds very very attractive.
:music::music::music::music:

thank you~!

shinn

HSC
B commerce (international) is basically an extension of B commerce with the exchange component.

B commerce is only 3 years and B commerce (international) is 4 years, so you'll end up having the same number of uoc (electives) for commerce.

I would choose commerce (international) for the scholarship + exchange which looks good on your resume.

jooyang91

HSC
B commerce (international) is basically an extension of B commerce with the exchange component.

B commerce is only 3 years and B commerce (international) is 4 years, so you'll end up having the same number of uoc (electives) for commerce.

I would choose commerce (international) for the scholarship + exchange which looks good on your resume.
must agree with shinn~~
plus a good chance to do an additional language which wud enhance ur chances of employment in the competitive finance sector..

bkwok

HSC
I think it depends on what you want to do in the international studies component of B Com (international).

At the UNSW open day this year, I asked one of the student advisors and he suggested that if I was intending to study a language as part of the international studies component of the course, I would be better off doing the combined B Com/Arts. While the higher ATAR demanded by the com (international) course is attractive for employers, 2 degrees should be even more attractive. It *should* give the appearance of a more holistic candidate. Furthermore, the international studies component of the course is fairly small, so perhaps you should be ask around.

I myself intend to do the combined course because I think I will be able to finely-hone my language skills.

:)

Jcc Lin

HSC

do you know if we can still do a honors degree for commerce in thie course?:spin:

Jcc Lin

HSC
I think it depends on what you want to do in the international studies component of B Com (international).

At the UNSW open day this year, I asked one of the student advisors and he suggested that if I was intending to study a language as part of the international studies component of the course, I would be better off doing the combined B Com/Arts. While the higher ATAR demanded by the com (international) course is attractive for employers, 2 degrees should be even more attractive. It *should* give the appearance of a more holistic candidate. Furthermore, the international studies component of the course is fairly small, so perhaps you should be ask around.

I myself intend to do the combined course because I think I will be able to finely-hone my language skills.

:)
what if without considering the language part?:):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)