• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

commodores (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

Umm I think your wrong. Even the crappiest of turboed cars is going to have a ratio that is excessive by their rules!!! Even friggin family cars like a Toyota Aurion aernt allowed under their rules as they weigh 1550kg and have 200kw... the maximum for that weight being only 190kw.
Yeah, but your heavy 4WD Landcruiser for example is banned under our laws, cause it's turbocharged, but would be legal under their's cause it weighs alot.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Schoolies_2004 said:
Rumours are its going to be $80k. Nice car.... but no way in hell Id spend that much money on a car that has no ride comfort and minimal creature comforts! Its as fast if not quicker then some Porsches, but really, how often will you test that out... not worth it. At $50k it was a nice proposition
It's all about the image! jkjk.

Seriously speaking though, if it does turn out to be $80k, even though I really like it, at that price I'd rather buy a new 325i (and probably will if given the choice at that price)- or even the new TT. For $80k, I'd expect a bit more luxury than Recaro seats and optional RF stereo- even if it doesn't have the badge, considering the price difference with the previous model Evo IX (you can get driveaway pricing under $60k), I don't think I'd stretch to $80+ because then you'd have horrendously expensive insurance premiums on top. On a sidenote, yes I am aware that older Evos (and other performance cars from Japan) were in that price range, but to me, I've got my limits.

Jiga

Yeah...well Im sure theyve put more into it to justify the price, I believe its going to have paddle shifters etc... but yeah at $80k, there is some decent opposition around that price.

HSC
yer well peeps i have my own car... a nugget yep... lol haha
i believe that u should get a car when:
1 u like it
2 its is in good condition
3 u can get da money for it

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah...well Im sure theyve put more into it to justify the price, I believe its going to have paddle shifters etc... but yeah at $80k, there is some decent opposition around that price.
True that there's better gear and the interior looks like it's much higher quality/comfort than current (and previous) Evo generations; but nonetheless, at $80k, I'd be expecting something more. I heard the new tranny however is supposed to be really good with the dual clutch, but probably will wait and see. Insurance at $80k+ will be a *****.

On the other hand though, I do wonder if Mitsu will do that higher price point which could potentially be suicidal for themselves AND the Evo. It all depends on the STi really- even if the STi looks fugly, with such a big price discrepancy, I think consumers will either still go for the STi, or go down a notch to the new breed of hot hatches/pocket rockets rather than going up to the $80k price point (that's 33% increase!).

.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
yer well peeps i have my own car... a nugget yep... lol haha
i believe that u should get a car when:
1 u like it
2 its is in good condition
3 u can get da money for it
LOL such amazing levels of insight unexpected on BoS forums!

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
$10,000 ==> That'll get you a late model VX or early model VY. My advice is not to get the VY. If $10,000 is your budget then get VX Calais, or something similar.

The best value for money I think is the 2005 VY SV6. For around $22,000 you can pick one up.

I'm saving up for the end of this year. I would either get the:
- 2006 VZ SV6 MY06
- 2005 VZ Calais MY05
- 2006 VE SV6

Depends how much I can save up hehe ... Hopeing around $25,000 to $30,000

lengy

HSC
Can someone who knows Commodores tell us about their reliability, economy and servicing? I'm somewhat interested in the VX. If the VK is any good I'd prefer that but it's sorta old and I don't know anything about it.

HOLDEN4life

HSC
well the vx is a pretty reliable model if you want something cheap with fuel you wouldn't buy any commodore lol seviceing is usally pretty easy with a commo but vx is a good car to drive in

a vk would be good but with comm's that old expect rust under windows and in boot my vl calais cost me a few but even that had rust but engines are usally ok and last forever

hope this helps

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Commodores are reliable. But over time, they do die just like every other car ==> but I'd say at least 10 - 15 years.

Service is one of the cheapest. It's around $198. Just make sure you tell 'em and also you can bargin at the service department lol. My mum's commodore got serviced at $260 ish ... and I was just cursious and asked, why is it so expensive compared to my commodore, and the guy's like: "Oh, let me change the price for you then" ... lol I was like WTF!

spangacrab

HSC
Suckers get others to do services for themselves.

$25 oil filter (good quality)
$25 Premium oil 20-50
$5 Fuel filter
$15 Spark plugs
$15 air cleaner

$85 and half an hour later its done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)