Common Mod Short Answer (1 Viewer)

shashysha

HSC
For each short answer question, how many quotes/techniques would you recommend per mark? In my trials I did 1 quote/technique and explanation per mark but I've also heard you should aim for (marks - 1) amount of quotes. Just want to see how you guys would approach it.

Jig

HSC
I did one quote per mark, occasionally had more than necessary just to make sure, and also most of the time I finished on the given lines. Got a B6. If you have good analysis you'll get the marks.

99.96ATAR

HSC
1 evidence cluster per mark which should be about 12 sentences per a 6 mark question. Otherwise say hello to band 3. Get 3 new booklets for the comprehension straight away as the lines are never enough

MrGresh

HSC
Y'all are freaking me out lol

I do n/2 +1 (i.e. number of marks, divided by two, add one, round down). So:

3 marks: 2 quotes
4 marks: 3 quotes
5 marks: 3 quotes (but more analysis, of course)
etc...

I think a lot of people "write themselves" into top marks. It's a term my teacher uses for people who had crap analysis but shat so much stuff onto the page that the marker felt obliged to give full marks.

beetree1

HSC
I do n/2 +1 (i.e. number of marks, divided by two, add one, round down). So:
bruh i dont have the time to work out a whole math equation in my head
1=1

I think a lot of people "write themselves" into top marks. It's a term my teacher uses for people who had crap analysis but shat so much stuff onto the page that the marker felt obliged to give full marks.
and thats called working smarter not harder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)