Common Rooms (1 Viewer)

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
we had two common rooms - but they were shared by yrs 10/11/12. they weren't anything exciting, just padded chairs in each room and a microwave, sink and hot water machine in each room... plus a couple of vending machines...
i personally never really went in there... our canteen was a better place to hang at break times

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Beck the Bimbo
I go to Misturi's school.Hey sarah
HEY BEC!!!!!!!!!!! How are your holidays going? Talk to you later :) Thanks again for the fridge!

l'm not really happy with the common room and l couldn't really give a stuff. I found out that someone - not naming names ripped the arm off the lounge that l bought in. :(

Last edited:

Tocatina

Our common room has two sections, there is the main area, then two offices for private study. Nothing is supplied by the school, some students brought in old lounges from home/op shops, and stuff. At the end of the year, it had to be cleaned out. If it became to messy (we were responsible for keeping it clean as well) we would be locked out!!!!

Yami

We HAD a common room. It was one big room with 3 sets of sofas, a tv, tables+chairs, fridge, microwave, ping-pong table, dart board and board games like chess. However, our common room was closed down permanently when some fool trashed the place, around September this year.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
we were locked out of our common room after just 2 days (we only just got it) cos a group of boys decided to write all over the lounges and tables with black permanent marker. we werent allowed back in until the boys were forced clean it all up...

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Misturi
In our school we have a common room, its the size of a normal classroom and in past years it has been treated like crap. I am in the new year 12 so my grade and l have the power to change what goes on in this room.

We have:

Chairs
Tables
2 Lounges
Computer

Does anyone else here have a common room at their school...and what things do you have in it...how did you raise the money to get them or did the school give it to you?
Our commonroom is the size of about 3 or 4 classrooms we r just a public school but we have like a kitchen ( normal stuff in it like fridge stove sink) no actual chairs and desk just tons of lunges and floor space

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
ours is a public school and the common room is like perfect we dont need to buy 2nd hand things 4 it but we never get 2 use it

santaslayer

HSC
we have a pinball machine in our common room given by a past student who was stoked to get a high TER (equaivalent of UAI)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
there was a year 12 common room until some of our guy friends got their hands on the keys and cut a heap of copies and gave them to whoever they pleased when we were in year 10. so that was the end of that. it became a store room after that. but we never spent free periods at school and we had a pretty good senior area if we were there for lunch anyway

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by Dash
We "had" a common room. Some faggots started playing soccer in there and started to smash the windows with the ball. They also rippred up the couches and ruined the toasters. We spent like $200 on a air conditioner that we never ended up using cos of that. They closed it down for us :( Those fags ruined it for everyone!
We had a group like that when i was in yr 7 i think, they were absolutly disgusting. The Common room was actually a breading place for rats and since it backed onto the staff room they got some nice suprises. So it was shut down after that and made into two classrooms - So we get to hang with all the little kids.... Fun :( and now they have got rid of our mound which was completly juinor free for classrooms....

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
common room

heres our senior study! looks plain.. but the kitchen makes it so much better (like 10 people made popcorn today at lunch)

yes they are lockers at the back.. they ran out of places to stick them

HSC
our common room is the size of 3 classrooms with our lockers along the walls. its also got a pretty good view :p
its got 5 lounges and a 5 seater
it also has:
- a stero
- sandwich press
- microwave
- instant boiling water system thingy..
oh yeah, and we don't keep a fridge for obvious reason..ppl leaving stuff in there until it goes all mouldy and then affects the non-spoilt food..

but we might be getting a mini fridge for drinks only

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
our common room has like... lots of flies.. and chairs... 1 airconditioner.... a fridge, where we freeze flies. A microwave where we melt flies. And a kettle which boils water way too hot and we basically use to scold any year 11's who try to pass themselves off for year 12.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hey, has anyone here campaigned to have a common room? can you tell me what you did?

we, apparently, got a 'senior study area' a couple of years ago, in 2001 i think. it's total BS though - they're just a bunch of picnic tables outside (there's a roof covering but it leaks heaps when it rains), the angles the tables/benches are on makes it wicked uncomfortable to work, there's bird shit everywhere, and it's right outside the gym which means there's a lot of noise.

considering that they just built two new buildings that largely consist of new staffrooms (there's like three-four classrooms in one and two in the other -granted,the drama/music rooms are f-ing awesome compared to what we had) i don't think it's so unreasonable that we ask for a senior common room. i personally want us to get the cottage (which had previously been used for the bands in the morning, but given the size of the new music room, i don't really think they 'need' it anymore) but i really think most people would be happy with a classroom. anything. we demand our rights as seniors, damnit :p

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
we didn't have a common room either... rawr... it sucked especially when i went to other schools' prefect afternoon teas, with their oh-so-fabulous common rooms :( all we had was the "senior area", which is just a huge patch of grass and some benches :p and that's shared with the yr11s :eek:

(they better not build a yr12 common room now that we've left, though :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)