Communication Option (1 Viewer)

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
So putting humans is alright... right?
Who else put humans??

By the way what did you guys think they wanted for the fish and insect thing? I described the structures and gave an example of a stimulus and described its pathway to the CNS and then how a response is generated...
Did I get that right?

HSC
N/A
Who else put humans??

By the way what did you guys think they wanted for the fish and insect thing? I described the structures and gave an example of a stimulus and described its pathway to the CNS and then how a response is generated...
Did I get that right?
umm, i spoke of:
fish: inner ear (spinal chord and swim bladder amplify noise before sending to inner ear) as well as lateral line system.
insect: tympanum on the legs of insects. The hair cells vibrating on legs of grasshoppers sending chemical signals that allows interpretation.

i was iffy with htis one

RishBonjour

HSC
Who else put humans??

Did I get that right?
I think if you described 1 method for each you get full marks but I did

- external hair
- tympanic membrane

for fishhhhayyy
- lateral line system
- swim bladder

was going to do the skull vibration which vibrates internal ear but meh. no point wasting time.

kat_silvers

HSC
lawl i'm probably the only idiot in the state who got confused by the ear diagram and screwed it up completely! gooodbye band 6!

HSC
N/A
lawl i'm probably the only idiot in the state who got confused by the ear diagram and screwed it up completely! gooodbye band 6!
it's okay, i got it confused originally too. I thought A, B, and C referred to the components of the ossicles

kat_silvers

HSC
ahha at least you realised! i knew something was wrong and then just left it agrrrrrrrr stupid biology!

GabbyG

HSC
Yes, I know that humans are animals. I could tell you that with more reliability than wiki answers.
I was just trying to make a joke
Hahah yeah don't say the r word....biology is Over!!!!! Yay!

febebebe

HSC
Guys... did you get this:
For the question about the experiment thing: "Match THREE pieces of apparatus used in this experiment with THREE identified parts of the eye."
I did lens:
I, K and J = lens of the eye
Solution = vitreous humor
Fine paper = retina
I am being told that I am wrong...
oh i hope u arent- thats exactly what i said

S1MZ8

HSC
For the 8 marker, it said 'demonstrate', would it have been alright if i described the conditions, e.g. myopia and hyperopia, then drew a diagram to 'demonstrate' how the artificial lens (glasses), either concave or convex, correct the condition?

febebebe

HSC
for the fish did anyone talk about an ottolith? and for the 2 animals, i did birds, but said magpie, said things like eyes are on the side of head to see prey, see around it better etc, can see colour to see food and then a possum talked about having lotsa rods to see at night, eyes closer to front to see depth better. is that enough?? :s

also- i was the biggest retard in the exam. i completely didnt see the answer book for options and wrote everything for communications in 'extra writing boklets'. i asked for 3 so everyone was apparently thinking "shit how much extra is she writing?!" the exam supervisor got me to write on other things saying where to find the answers... do u think it will be ok?

febebebe

HSC
For the 8 marker, it said 'demonstrate', would it have been alright if i described the conditions, e.g. myopia and hyperopia, then drew a diagram to 'demonstrate' how the artificial lens (glasses), either concave or convex, correct the condition?
yep thats what i did. cos they are the biological problems.. then corrected with technology suck as glasses, contacts and laser surgery
did u do that for hyperopia and myopia, then just hearing aid and cochlear implants??4

S1MZ8

HSC
i did cataracts. Cause it said 'demonstrate', like i thought it was logical to draw diagrams to 'demonstrate' how these 'biological problems' were corrected..but yea, if u drew i diagram or explained how they corrected it i think its all good.

Yindi

HSC
Don't ask me why, but in the communication topic, everywhere I should have wrote lens, I wrote cornea, anyone have any idea how many marks this will lose me?

RishBonjour

HSC
did it say demonstrate? fk. 8 marks lost. I thought it said describe. I didn't even EXPLAIN how it corrects the conditions in detail.

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
I explained how cataract surgery, myopia, damages to the inner, middle and outer ear can be corrected using cataract surgery, LASIK, Hearing aids and cochlear implant. In my response I explained the surgery/technology in detail about how it worked. Only wrote like one -two sentences on each about how this helps overcome communication problems. I didn't include any diagrams. I also wrote a little dot point thing about how there are some disadvantages associated with the technology/surgery.

Is this was they were asking for?
Did most people do this?

febebebe

HSC
i did cataracts. Cause it said 'demonstrate', like i thought it was logical to draw diagrams to 'demonstrate' how these 'biological problems' were corrected..but yea, if u drew i diagram or explained how they corrected it i think its all good.
oh yeah sorry, i did cataracts too.

febebebe

HSC
I explained how cataract surgery, myopia, damages to the inner, middle and outer ear can be corrected using cataract surgery, LASIK, Hearing aids and cochlear implant. In my response I explained the surgery/technology in detail about how it worked. Only wrote like one -two sentences on each about how this helps overcome communication problems. I didn't include any diagrams. I also wrote a little dot point thing about how there are some disadvantages associated with the technology/surgery.

Is this was they were asking for?
Did most people do this?
cataract surgery is ears??? i thought cataracts was the lens goin cloudy??

cartoonmaiz

HSC
N/A
No no, mean I talked about cataracts and myopia for the eyes and the ear thing for ears. So I did 2 for each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)