Communications (1 Viewer)

ahranee96

HSC
I found red light question and last one pretty hard. What did you all write for those?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Everything I knew for photoreceptors...i mean, we were given unlimited writing space.

HSC
For red light question I talked about how long wave type cones detect the red light because it has a relatively long wavelength of around 700nm and long-wave cones are the specific type of cone involved in detection of this frequencty and then sends electrochemical signals to the brain for interpretation.

iamthem

HSC
I talked about phototransudction, GPCR, cGMP, cGMP gated Na+ channels, R B G iodopsin and rhodopsin, visual cortex, G-proteins, Na/K ATPase pumps, Ca2+ induced exocytosis and peak wavelengths. I forgot to talk about the fovea though. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks...

Also rhodopsin is less sensitive to red light than iodopsin.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I talked about phototransudction, GPCR, cGMP, cGMP gated Na+ channels, R B G iodopsin and rhodopsin, visual cortex, G-proteins, Na/K ATPase pumps, Ca2+ induced exocytosis and peak wavelengths. I forgot to talk about the fovea though. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks...

Also rhodopsin is less sensitive to red light than iodopsin.
Dafaq?

I wasn't sure in the last one whether we were meant to compare hearing aids/cochlear implants and then compare microchips/eyes
Anyway hopefully 3/6 lol

But wtf seriously, was not expecting 2 6 markers in communication

Also: The 1 marker, must be converted into electrochemical energy was the answer right?

Last edited:

Talia95

HSC
N/A
It wanted photoreceptors in different parts of the retina, so I also said that rods received the light, and talked about what happened in them. Hated that question though.
Am I the only one that really struggled with e)i), about relating the light chips with the hearing aids and cochlea implants? I have never ever had to linke eyes and ears before!

Talia95

HSC
N/A
Dafaq?

I wasn't sure in the last one whether we were meant to compare hearing aids/cochlear implants and then compare microchips/eyes
Anyway hopefully 3/6 lol

But wtf seriously, was not expecting 2 6 markers in communication

Also: The 1 marker, must be converted into electrochemical energy was the answer right?
Don't really know, but I said that the essential step is for the threshold action potential thing to be met, before the signal is transmitted?

rickster

HSC
Don't really know, but I said that the essential step is for the threshold action potential thing to be met, before the signal is transmitted?
Yeah I wrote for the signal to travel the optic nerve, action potential must be generatated in neurones by reaching threshold, so that an impulse is fired. Personally found that to be the best communication section to date. Was expecting some easy ass 7 marker about technologies but they mixed it up a bit by making you relate the chip to hearing aids and cochlea implants.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
electrical impulse/electrochemical energy same shit, hopefully it's right lol

OversizeSweater

HSC
I also wrote that the energy must be converted to electrochemical. Hopefully were right!

hamstar

HSC
for the last question i wrote about, how the cochlear implant is similar to the microelectronic chip. It just provides a sense, does not actually restore eyesight. then basically wrote all the limitations and advantages which are exactly the same as the ones for cochlear implant.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
for the last question i wrote about, how the cochlear implant is similar to the microelectronic chip. It just provides a sense, does not actually restore eyesight. then basically wrote all the limitations and advantages which are exactly the same as the ones for cochlear implant.
That's what I wrote too

but I said the cost is not of value as it does not completely restore eyesight

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I said, can help distinguish some objects due to shadow cast.

fionarykim

HSC
Yeahh i saw the two 6 markers
and was like what the fuck is this HAHAHA so instead
i just wrote everythign i knew, to do with the keywords in the question HAHA

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeahh i saw the two 6 markers
and was like what the fuck is this HAHAHA so instead
i just wrote everythign i knew, to do with the keywords in the question HAHA
During reading time I'm flickering thru pages and see the red light question, and I'm like 'fuck' and full facepalm, everyone is looking at me like wtf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)