Community Welfare (1 Viewer)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
hey guys
i was just wondering if anyone is doing this course or if anyone has this course as first preference.
its my first preference but my uai was really bad so i don't think i'll get into it. :confused:

claudia_p

HSC
I think if you're Aboriginal then they'll give you special consideration for this course in particular (I read it somewhere).

But you're probably not Aboriginal, so I guess that doesn't help much.

You should try anyway though- ring up the university or something.

I thought this course looked really interesting- especially the thing about how you can go to a developing country and count it towards your degree (although that's probably not everyone's cup of tea!). I'd do it but it's too far away and my UAI was heaps higher than the cut-off and people would probably think I was weird if I chose it. (don't take that offensively, I didn't mean it in a derogatory i-got-a-better-UAI-than-you manner, it's just my reason for not putting it as a preference).

Last edited:

klh

HSC
i you cant get in, there is always tafe, the uac guide tells us it accepts tafe qualification, above Cert IV.
UAI is 71.10 so i assume you got less?
moved up about 5ish, so it looks like it will go up.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i might be doing community welfare at tafe for 2 years then the rest of the 3 yrs at uni
or sumthing like that....

VX1-08U

I'm was thinking of doing community welfare ... but applications for first semester 2005 have already closed ... so the next best thing is community services work certificate III at Nirimba TAFE.

Jonathan A

HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
hey guys
i was just wondering if anyone is doing this course or if anyone has this course as first preference.
its my first preference but my uai was really bad so i don't think i'll get into it. :confused:

Ellie-Bee. Firstly congratulations on the completion of the HSC. You do not need to fear at all. UWS is very flexible at providing students alternative entry. I would recommend the UnitTrack scheme. You can do the subjects for the B Community Welfare and later apply to UAC. You will then recieve academic credit for those units, so it assists in fast-tracking your degree.

More info for unitrack is here http://www.uws.edu.au/about/adminorg/academic/oar/info/admissions/unitrack

Also you can apply for a course with a much lower uai, then apply for transfer through the GICTS, http://www.uws.edu.au/studyoptions/australian/undergraduate/transfer

Ellie-Bee

HSC
BUMP! i got in!!! :) yay! hehe. the uai dropped dramatically. anyone else doing this course at the Bankstown campus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)