Comp 2121 - Microprocessors and Interfacing??? (1 Viewer)

GaZ_2004

HSC
they seem to have replaced 2021 with 2121....for comp sci....am i rite?
if so does ne 1 noe ne fing about tis course...

gman03

HSC
ai dun knee to do tis coarse bcuz i hv dun elec2041.

comp2121 shld B da simylar to COMP3221.

AE86

HSC
The name of the subject sounds interesting.

However, I really doubt the actual content taught is as interest as i would think.

I read other threads saying how much a bitch 2021 was. Sounds scary.

ace

is retired
HSC
AE86 said:
The name of the subject sounds interesting.

However, I really doubt the actual content taught is as interest as i would think.

I read other threads saying how much a bitch 2021 was. Sounds scary.
Don't worry COMP3221 is harder, which is COMP2121 now. Have Fun.

COMP2021 (DSS) wasn't hard, shame to those who said it was, SHAME!

(to the people who've done, COMP2021, YES OR NO, ARE YOU WITH ME?!, hehe)

ace

is retired
HSC
Not that many people failing.

Raw number fails about ~25%. I think raw fails was about 30-35 people out of 135-140 people that do the course. (Omar told me the figure :) )

But after scaling and supps, the true figure would probably be hovering around 10% (probably less).

Yeah, Sri was odd. However the content was okay (in most parts). I guess all subjects have components that are undesirable. But that's a minor thing.

ace

is retired
HSC
I will agree with you on the lab guy being a nutjob. That I hear was Sri's fault, for telling them to be pricks this semester (ok, perhaps saying, be hard on them and question them ruthlessly). I'd say they took it on board, far too much. (I had anderson for lab guy)

However the tutor was pretty good (I had jorgen). However I did hear 1 of the (3 or 4 distinct tutors) was a real ass of a person. You probably got him. He ran at the same time as jorgen's fri 12-1 class.

Omar let me see the raw sheet of marks (cause I was enquiring about my mark) and in that, he ended up showing me the line which showed the number of people <50/100.

I was pretty sure it was low-mid 30's. I distinctly remember the number 36. But im hoping my mind didn't drift since then (so low-mid 30's is probably more conservative). So yeah, i guess with the nss figure of 118 enrolled, ~30% (recalculated) failure rate raw seems to be more likely.

Zoodboog, I said 10% failure *after* all the supps and scaling. Cause they did scale massively (i'll talk about this next time I catch you on msn)

Provisional marks were on sturec. Didn't you ever get those irrating global vaguely worded mails from Omar, about marks being up. (One exception, provisonal FINAL EXAM dss marks weren't on sturec, since they were in an excel sheet, and not on the cse marks system.) (However, assignment marks were definitely on sturec)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)