comp assignment bonus? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hey just a small question

how do the bonus parts of comp assignments work?

do u get extra marks or something??

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
assignments have a weighting of 30%

say ass1 - 10%, ass2 - 10%, ass3 - 10%, each with bonus components of 2%.

student 1, completes all assignments, no bonus components. everything correct. final mark 30/30

student 2, completes all assignments, all bonus components, everything correct. final mark 30/30

student 3, completes all assignments, his marks: 9/10, 10/10 + 2 bonus, 9/10. final mark 30/30

numbers may be incorrect this year...but you get the idea. i ot this info from douche....last years' lecturer

doe

HSC
N/A
i do believe its possible to get > 100% due to bonuses, but obviously it will be scaled down.

the bonuses are good, if you can get 36/30 you only need 9/70 in the exam to pc = less stress

^___^
HSC
yeah, to PC

but if u want to P it, even if u get all the bonuses, apparently you need have a P mark in the exam to P the course

doe

HSC
N/A
dont destroy my dreams!@

if you understand the assignments its unlikely you'll fail the unit :)

im a numbers man, i should be a card shark or something

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
doe said:
i do believe its possible to get > 100% due to bonuses, but obviously it will be scaled down.

the bonuses are good, if you can get 36/30 you only need 9/70 in the exam to pc = less stress
9/70 to PC ? Thats not bad.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
surely u dont have to P the final to get a P do u?
i had 36\30 for the assignments
having done all the bonus questions
HOWEVER, we've been told by the lecturer that u cant get over 30 so even if you get 31+ it gets brought back down to a 30 since u cant get more than 30 for assignments.

having said that i would've got the full 30 marks. and i only got 58 as a final grade. which wouldve meant i got 28\70 for the final
and still passed?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
that would have meant you would have got somewhere around 58/100 * 70 in your final exam out of a possible 70. and your marks are adjusted...mq is some fucked up system like that i think.

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah they scale it, and they seem to weight thing based on your assignments. the final grade depends on a lot of things. just from observation its important to do well in your assignments (dont think youll make it up in the exam, they seem to scale you down more) and also turn up to your tutes. its easy to get screwed, especially when some phd student with their head up their ass is marking it. dont be afraid to complain.

also maybe it depends on the lecturers/subject, im pretty sure ros has said its possible to get > 100% for your raw (unscaled) mark.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
i cant remember what my mark was for assignments...i think it was aobut 28 or something.

but my final grade was something really special. better than any thing else i have had.

:)

doe

HSC
N/A
ive gotten full marks for my assignments then a final mark of 66. scaling is a strange beast.

gee im glad ive finished with this uni crap :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)