Comp Sci or Comp Eng? (1 Viewer)

nemesis07

{Shift2Drift}
HSC
Hey.. i got early entry for both courses but im not sure which one to choose. I also wanted to do Maths/Compsci but didnt know i could apply for that trhough early entry. Which one do you think is best? What level or maths and what subjects do you need to be good at to do these courses? Also.. has anyone done the cisco system courses? what are they like? Thanks in advance!!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Comp eng and comp sci are pretty similar for first session, you can just choose then transfer if you don't like. you will have to redo 12 cp, cause in comp sci you don't do physics or management.

just as a note, alot of people left comp eng for comp sci.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
Comp eng and comp sci are pretty similar for first session, you can just choose then transfer if you don't like. you will have to redo 12 cp, cause in comp sci you don't do physics or management.

just as a note, alot of people left comp eng for comp sci.
They'll have to do MATH121 and STAT131. Poor buggers.

princess01

no they all suck. But so do u, so im sure u will like which ever one u choose!!! ;) Jus jkz babe, i love you. hehehehehe mwa :D

nemesis07

{Shift2Drift}
HSC
I hate you.. you're such a butthead.. Post something USEFUL!!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Compsci also have to do STAT131.

Man that subject shat me.

But it's better than physics, I guess.

Ninga

HSC
Theres nothing wrong with physics u comp sci elitists fucks! Just cos you can use red hat dont mean shit.

Jeez, its usually Polok calling me an elitist.

nemesis07

{Shift2Drift}
HSC
umm... what would get you a higher playing job and what would actually get you a job. Preferably not at a help desk..

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Ninga said:
Theres nothing wrong with physics u comp sci elitists fucks! Just cos you can use red hat dont mean shit.

Jeez, its usually Polok calling me an elitist.
I'm not being elitist. I hate physics. I was merely stating my opinion.

You elitist.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
nemesis07 said:
umm... what would get you a higher playing job and what would actually get you a job. Preferably not at a help desk..
No one can answer that.... who knows what will happen in 4-5 year

adsta

HSC
I did comp sci, only because I prefered software over hardware.

Because of the amount of electives you can do with comp sci, you can pick quite a few maths units that will take you through to 3rd level maths subject. If you go well with them, you might be able to transfer to the comp sci/math degree (even after your first year).

So basically it comes down to whether you prefer creating software or designing hardware.

adsta

HSC
As for the pay issue. Thats anyones guess. Look around some job sites and check out what they pay after certain periods (like grad, 5 years, 10 years etc). But as others have mentioned, that could all change within months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)