comp science at unsw or usyd (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Eh? What? I don't understand this on a number of levels. Is this just for CS?

93.5 + 7.8 > 100. I know they must be doing some sort of averaging, but they should probably be getting 100% total maximum. Also, how does this prove that UNSW is better?
They're just picking the mid point of the range given and rounding to the nearest tenth. There is also every chance that undergraduates return for post-graduate study and so would be counted in both statistics, but it leads me to believe that the 2 don't need to add up to 100% because they are graduates working and graduates continuing study (assumedly) and the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Also I wouldn't worry much about what 90% of the people on BoS say about UNSW v USYD (isildurrrrr1 and anondecay probably have the only relevant input besides the "don't doubt the new south" bandwagon). But the inference here can be easily made that UNSW teaches their students more skills preferable to employers, such that UNSW graduates have a 22.1% higher rate of employment against USYD graduates.

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
I don't know much about USyd's School of Computing, but UNSW's school is pretty awesome. They have prizes all the time for outstanding students. As a student you get access to a server where you can code, test the code and run it. The building is quite new and the school has a good structure (you'll be in good hands in terms of lecturers and course cooordinators as I have heard from my 3rd/4th/5th year buddies of mine). UNSW has succeeded at a high level globally for robo cup (world champions at some stage).

So yeah the school has a great environment. Can't say I know much about other uni's so I encourage you to visit other uni's as well for info/open day, e-mail appropriate school representatives, etc. Do your research and find something that suits you.
can you run website on wserver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)