COMP2411 --Logic and Logic Programming (1 Viewer)

doingHSC

HSC
hi,

I cant seem to find this course when trying to enrol, has it been cancelled/ changed its name/code?..sounded interesting though :(

thanks in advance

sunny

meh.
HSC
2411 is not around anymore. You should use CSE's page instead of the Virtual Handbook to get the most up to date info.

doingHSC

HSC
ohk, thx

not many 2nd yr comp electives though....

just out of interest can u do the subj ur supposed to do in 2nd semester
in 1st sem and do 3rd yr sub in 2nd sem as most of them require
data org/higher data org , if so is it recommended?

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can do it that if you want, as long as you meet the pre-reqs.

gman03

HSC
doingHSC said:
just out of interest can u do the subj ur supposed to do in 2nd semester in 1st sem and do 3rd yr sub in 2nd sem as most of them require data org/higher data org , if so is it recommended?
Not all courses are offered in both sessions, but for as long as the course is offered in the session you want to do it is fine (degree-wise)

doingHSC

HSC
excellent, might ask more questions later if they come up

thx

doingHSC

HSC
another quest. -- I did comp sci/sci last year and planning to drop sci this year..can I use the subj I did in sci as my electives or for gen eds ?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Depends...

Depends if you did something totally unrelated to computering like biology or chemistry etc.

ace

is retired
HSC
doingHSC said:
another quest. -- I did comp sci/sci last year and planning to drop sci this year..can I use the subj I did in sci as my electives or for gen eds ?
As redslert said, it depends.^ However

Only 6uoc of a course(s) can be substitued for gen ed course(s).

So you'd still need to complete 6uoc of gened anyways.

^Normally a course is accepted if its not within the same faculty/area.

doingHSC

HSC
i did phys & psych last yr, so i guess should be alright, btw I dont need to do anything do I? it will automatically be counted as gen eds after I finish the degree right?

ace

is retired
HSC
doingHSC said:
i did phys & psych last yr, so i guess should be alright, btw I dont need to do anything do I? it will automatically be counted as gen eds after I finish the degree right?
since your droppoing sci

hmm, phys and psych are not comp sci related, ok (good)

so 6uoc of them will can be substituted in place of geneds, the other 6uoc is seen as non-award

unless you plan on minoring in phys or psych then its a slightly different matter altogether

hmm, requirements fulfilling is confusing isn't it :D

doingHSC

HSC
Iruka said:
If you want to substitute a non-gened subject for a gened, I think that you do have to apply. You'd better check with your course authority.

According to this

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad/current/gened.html

subjects from the faculty of science cannot be counted as GenEds for Computer Science.
hmm, it says
"21 GENSxxxx All Science General Education Courses"

"7-12,21: Not available to combined Computer Science/Bachelor of Science (program 3983) students "

but since I'm going to drop science i.e. i wont be in the program 3983 anymore, I should be allowed to use the sci subj as geneds? lol damn this is confusing.

oh and also, just say if I exceed the required 144 UOC after graduation, can I put some subjects in science course and vice versa (if that made sense).

thx for all ur help

gman03

HSC
doingHSC said:
hmm, it says
"21 GENSxxxx All Science General Education Courses"

"7-12,21: Not available to combined Computer Science/Bachelor of Science (program 3983) students "

but since I'm going to drop science i.e. i wont be in the program 3983 anymore, I should be allowed to use the sci subj as geneds? lol damn this is confusing.
Read: GENSxxxx doesn't mean sci subject as in PHYS1XXX/CHEM1XXX/BIOSxxxx. It means sub like GENS4011 Science of Music.

So as ace and redslert said, 6uoc of your real sceince subjects will be counted, others will be trashed.

doingHSC said:
oh and also, just say if I exceed the required 144 UOC after graduation, can I put some subjects in science course and vice versa (if that made sense).
If you have completed 144 UOC and graduated, go and get a job!

Last edited:

doingHSC

HSC
gman03 said:
Read: GENSxxxx doesn't mean sci subject as in PHYS1XXX/CHEM1XXX/BIOSxxxx. It means sub like GENS4011 Science of Music.

So as ace and redslert said, 6uoc of your real sceince subjects will be counted, others will be trashed.
ahh i see, thx

gman03 said:
If you have completed 144 UOC and graduated, go and get a job!
wat i meant was... ive heard that if u exceed 144 u have to pay full fees for each subject..eg. i could have 6 uoc left and found 2 interesting 6 uoc subj and want to do both.. on the other hand..if i have done 138 uoc and dont want to do any more subj, can I extract some science subj i did in 1st year and put it in my current course..(just curious about this).....sorry dont think i explained properly first.

gman03

HSC
doingHSC said:
wat i meant was... ive heard that if u exceed 144 u have to pay full fees for each subject..eg. i could have 6 uoc left and found 2 interesting 6 uoc subj and want to do both.. on the other hand..if i have done 138 uoc and dont want to do any more subj, can I extract some science subj i did in 1st year and put it in my current course..(just curious about this).....sorry dont think i explained properly first.
Hehe sorry if you were offended by my comment.. Yeah what you heard basically is the same as what I heard where HECS only applies to units that your degree requires you to do. It is safer not to do more or else troubles might appear.

ace

is retired
HSC
doingHSC said:
ahh i see, thx

Tell me where you hear these rumours of you having to pay full fee. I seem to find one of these every few days. Your covered by your SLE (Student Learning Entitlement) for 7 years.

Read this post of mine recently
http://community.boredofstudies.org/2203265-post35.html

ace

is retired
HSC
doingHSC said:
Depends on your courses really. You don't have the authority to say what you want to be counted xyz. Depending on the requirements of your program, subjects you do may or may not be counted. You'll have to check out the detailed requirements.

Cause to refer to your "can i extract a subject" comment. If a subject by definition of requisities satisified both degrees and is allowed to dually satisify both degrees, then it will satisfy both degrees. However if a course is only allowed to satisfy a particular degree, due to specifics in requirements then it will only constitute into that one degree. We get the ikky line coming up, when a subject can satisfy both degrees, but it not allowed to (for whatever reason). When this occurs it is up to the program authority to determine for that subject which degree it is satisfying. (Don't worry about this case, its relatively minor, most people will never come across it)

Getting to your comment about 138uoc, and you want to say do 12uoc. Once you complete all your requirements for your program, you can't see do more courses, be it science related or not. Cause by then, they'll of placed you on graduand status and force you out the door. (so to speak)

Cheers

doingHSC

HSC
this stuff is more complicated than i had anticipated hehe, thx for all ur help everyone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)