Comparison of Math (1 Viewer)

Affinity

HSC
YannY said:
yeah i learnt that stuff from the chinese maths book! wo0t its useless though. Go chinese text books~~~ they have no mistakes in them because if they do the writers will be shot literally.
Don't believe him on either point.

nottellingu

HSC
Based on the 4u topics i have done so far itz all pretty straight forward, nothing that is particularly 'impossible' to work out except ofcourse harder 3u. I got 91% for my 1st 4u test on complex and btw ur school didnt hav any cut off marks to get into 4u. Im really worried about harder 3u, in our schools half yearly test fro last yr our teacher made us do lyk a trial test kindve thingo,i got Q1-complex 14/15 Q2- curve sketching 15/15 Q3) Polynomials 12/15 (damn silly mistakes) and Q4) harder 3u 0/15 LOL! Harder 3u is pretty impossible, it has too many tricks involved. If i get 0 in harder 3u is it possible to get a band 6 if im decent at the other 4u topics ?

P

pLuvia

nottellingu said:
Based on the 4u topics i have done so far itz all pretty straight forward, nothing that is particularly 'impossible' to work out except ofcourse harder 3u. I got 91% for my 1st 4u test on complex and btw ur school didnt hav any cut off marks to get into 4u. Im really worried about harder 3u, in our schools half yearly test fro last yr our teacher made us do lyk a trial test kindve thingo,i got Q1-complex 14/15 Q2- curve sketching 15/15 Q3) Polynomials 12/15 (damn silly mistakes) and Q4) harder 3u 0/15 LOL! Harder 3u is pretty impossible, it has too many tricks involved. If i get 0 in harder 3u is it possible to get a band 6 if im decent at the other 4u topics ?
No

undalay

HSC
nottellingu said:

yes

Deadlyned

HSC
We have our half yearlie exams coming up in a weeks time, I'm feeling pretty good about them, none of the work so far has been too hard. I just don't get how to study effectively. I've been studying for a bit, but all I am doing is doing repetitive questions from textbooks, I don't want to do tedious repetative questions. Anyone got any ideas about how to study better, and learn to apply the concepts to actual questions.

YannY

HSC
Affinity said:
Don't believe him on either point.
Dont believe me on either point? thats a pretty harsh thing to say. Are you saying there are mistakes in the chinese book or are you saying they wont be shot? Well im not sure if they will be shot and all i was only exaggerating mao ze dong's wrath etc. But im pretty sure all chinese textbooks have nilch mistakes.

Affinity

HSC
you need to read more then, the two points I was refering to was:

1.) it was useless
2.) there aren't any mistakes

Last edited:

YannY

HSC
nah its true that chinese books have no mistakes maybe uni ones does but ones below that are mistakeless. and when i say useless i meant e<SUP>iπ</SUP> + 1 = 0 is useless in the hsc, if you still think thats a false statement please state some examples where it is useful. To prove me wrong of course, i'd be glad if you did.

Affinity

HSC
it often helps to write trigonometic functions in the forms:
cos(x) = [e^ix + e^-ix] /2
sin(x) = [e^ix - e^-ix]/2i

the are other specific examples but it's a bit late at night

YannY

HSC
i dunno if you know, but in the syllabus we're only introduced the CiS formula not the e^ix.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
And in general, anything you can accomplish with cis you can accomplish with e^ix since, though different notations, they are 100% synonymous.

That said, it is very important kids know the relationship between exponents and trig. It is a shame it was removed from the syllabus.

nottellingu said:
If i get 0 in harder 3u is it possible to get a band 6 if im decent at the other 4u topics ?
Sure is. I estimate skipping at least 25% of the exam's questions entirely and I got 92 for 4unit in 2005.

That said, you want to make damn sure your basic topics are very strong: integration, polynomials, graphing, basic conics, complex numbers, inequalities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)