• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Competition with Best Friends and People in Your Cohort? (1 Viewer)

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Now that yearlies are coming, everyone in my grade are competing with each other to get ranked first.
I have a best friend who is incredibly gifted in English to a point where teachers are begging her to take Ext 2 whereas she feels it would be way too much pressure for her.

It is not like I am saying I am brilliant at English, but it is one of my stronger subjects and for some reason I keep thinking that I cannot beat her, although I really want to rank one.
And her being my best friend is even worse, as we share notes and everything, but she always ends up getting better marks.

How does everyone deal with competing with friends?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Now that yearlies are coming, everyone in my grade are competing with each other to get ranked first.
I have a best friend who is incredibly gifted in English to a point where teachers are begging her to take Ext 2 whereas she feels it would be way too much pressure for her.

It is not like I am saying I am brilliant at English, but it is one of my stronger subjects and for some reason I keep thinking that I cannot beat her, although I really want to rank one.
And her being my best friend is even worse, as we share notes and everything, but she always ends up getting better marks.

How does everyone deal with competing with friends?
You study right! You need to want it as much as you want the breathe...

People say they want to compete, but I doubt half of them are actually studying correctly.

Alkanes

HSC
You need competition in order to improve. As for you competing with your friend, it may seem difficult but at the end of the day it's your HSC not your friend's. So you can do w/e you think it's the best for both, as long as it doesn't hinder your performance.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Remember, they are still your friends. Give them moral support too.

Aysce

HSC
Just keep practising hard out and stay motivated. Focus on your own thing and not on your friend, that way you won't feel worried about the possibility that she might beat you. It works ;D

SutherlandKyle

HSC
The majority of people in my cohort are extremely competitive during the weeks/days leading up to the exams and, at times, can be outright assholes. Can get a tad annoying.

I do believe competition is healthy though.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My school is full of retards, however about ~5% only try and are smart.

A guy in my year did his photography Half yearly (10 pages in 2 hours, most was interruptation etc.) he left 9 pages blank. Sad thing is he actually tried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)