• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Completing syllabus point notes. (1 Viewer)

taneika1

HSC
Hey guys:) Especially for science, do you guys write your syllabus point notes for each point as you cover them in class (at the end of each week), or do you do them in the holidays at the end of each term? :)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I started off my Year 12 by writing my own syllabus dot points (which were really awesome and colourful).

Eventually I got lazy and started using other people's.

Eventually I got even lazier and started using the Surfing series, which just spoon feeds you everything.

Plus, I like the cover (it's so fabulous).

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I started off my Year 12 by writing my own syllabus dot points (which were really awesome and colourful).

Eventually I got lazy and started using other people's.

Eventually I got even lazier and started using the Surfing series, which just spoon feeds you everything.

Plus, I like the cover (it's so fabulous).
I would assume your day the surfing edition was the rainbow one not the blue glossy one. Hurts the eyes...

Should be writing your notes the week you learn the content or you will forget some concepts.

taneika1

HSC
Okay, thanks for that:) I wasn't sure what other people did:)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I write my notes when I have upcoming tests during term otherwise I wait until the holidays...which probably isn't very good :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Get at least your first module consolidated by the holidays! :)

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
That's what I'm doing now :D So far so good!

eat_well

HSC
You should really be doing them the week you cover it in class because that's what all the top students in my school do. I used to NEVER make syllabus dot points and did them for the first time this holidays. I should have really done them during the term but when I finished them all, it felt amazing. It kind of motivates me to do a little more study now :).

Examine

same
HSC
I've basically been doing this for Business Studies (accelerated) for the things I have learnt about atm.

qwerty44

HSC
Does doing it for maths work as well as other subjects, completing syllabus dot points?

SunnyScience

HSC
For maths, i would think its just more important to do questions for every topic, rather then making syllabus notes, although it could be a good idea to make notes on all the formulas you need etc.

I recommend doing dotpoints for sciences throughout the term, since i'm now paying the price doing them for bio and chem now - 5 1/2 days of chem, 3rd day of bio now =_=

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
For maths, i would think its just more important to do questions for every topic, rather then making syllabus notes, although it could be a good idea to make notes on all the formulas you need etc.
Yeah, writing syllabus notes for maths doesn't work. The maths syllabus isn't like the ones for science. Like SunnyScience said, answer as many questions as you can for each topic, get your teeth sunk into some past papers, and get some real difficult questions in there too just to test your level of understanding. But writing up a big list of formulas is critical. Learn to love them, learn to live them :D

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
For biology, chemistry and geography, I update my notes frequently within the school term. But I didn't finish them so I'm finishing them off now. I'm really glad I started it during the term; reduces the amount of work I have to do now.

But honestly, it doesn't matter when you do them; as long as you've done them before exams and tests :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)