Complex numbers (1 Viewer)

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Hey guys, i got another complex number q for y'all, but this one is a little outside the scope of 4 unit:

We define S = (z E C : Arg(z) = -3pi/4 or Arg(z) = pi/2 or z=0)

1.Find the image of S under the function z → e^z and sketch it in the w plane, where w = e^z

2.As a point moves in S frm -4pi - 4ipi to the origin to 4ipi, describe how the corresponding point moves in the image of S.

Any ideas?
Thx

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Is this usyd first year? I remember these, they make me cry :( I still can do them.

Also, i'd be weary, you never know if theres some usyd maths faculty staff surveying here seeing if people ask others to do their assignment questions. If you're not from usyd, i'm sure you wouldnt wanna spoil it for all those that have this assignment due soon, do you? :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
acmilan said:
Is this usyd first year? I remember these, they make me cry :( I still can do them.
You still can or can't?

The concepts are pretty easy, and the answer is simple, but as acmilan said I don't want to blatantly supply assignment answer en mass. Ask your tutor or lecture for help on images if you're having trouble, Jenny will always try to accomodate you.

How's UNSW treating you acmilan?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Cant* (although this problem looks a little easier than i remembered last year)

UNSW is ok now, calculus is naturally slightly harder but manageable, stats is basically a rehash of 1905 with a little extra theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)