Complexio Numeros Regions (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
How would you sketch something like ? Is it like a hyperbola or smth? Also, how would you find the cartesian form without excessive algebruh bashing?

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
How would you sketch something like ? Is it like a hyperbola or smth? Also, how would you find the cartesian form without excessive algebruh bashing?
arg(z+i) + arg(z-1).

Should be pre obvious now, just draw both of the args separately. That's what I'd do normally but the question would have it equal to something... like

arg((z+i)(z-1)) =0
so might be wrong

notme123

HSC
arg(z+i) + arg(z-1).

Should be pre obvious now, just draw both of the args separately. That's what I'd do normally but the question would have it equal to something... like

arg((z+i)(z-1)) =0
so might be wrong
ye I tried doing that but idk if my answer is correct at all since i made up the question and i cant find any software or website that computes these regions.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
you are correct lol. Ok maybe for
and
I've remembered doing these questions in some old hsc papers but pre sure its not in the new syllabus, only 0 or pi since you wouldn't need circle geo, u need some circle geo theorems .I have to remember what I did but I'm pretty sure I constructed a circle or smthn, I can't really remember but all I know is u need the tangent theorem.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
ye I tried doing that but idk if my answer is correct at all since i made up the question and i cant find any software or website that computes these regions.
Oh, I'm used to the questions where its arg(X/Y) = theta

because then its just arg(X) = theta + Arg(Y) and you can construct a type of circle enclosing it and shade it in. I haven't exactly seen the multiplication of args, arg(X) = theta - arg(Y)? Perhaps you could use arg law and make it arg(X) = theta + arg(Y^-1) and solve it like a regular question?

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
These are vectors problems, and you need to know some geometry for some of them, including circle geometry that is no longer in the syllabus, judging from Trial papers. I strongly advise avoiding algebraic approaches if at all possible.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Sketching should take, perhaps, 2 lines of reasoning and a diagram.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)