Composing past Highschool/For fun. (1 Viewer)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Any composers out there that churn out songs "because you can"? Or composers that keep writing past highschool years.

I myself have been composing since I was 11. I've done most styles but have settled in the movie soundtrack genre. It's great playing with emotions through musical interpretation and instrumentation, and movie scoring allows you to play with this control the most - I've found.

So, any composers out there?

ochaguy

HSC
Hey there.

Another fellow composer here who shared your passion. Though I must admit that since I don't play the piano as often as before, my fingers have started "clumping" and the melodies are definitely less lyrical.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Hey there.

Another fellow composer here who shared your passion. Though I must admit that since I don't play the piano as often as before, my fingers have started "clumping" and the melodies are definitely less lyrical.
Yeah, does tend to happen, but it's always easy to fix. I don't see too many composers around these days, same for you?

ochaguy

HSC
Well I'm sure there are other composers around.
But unless you're doing tertiary music education, there are no set goals and thus, it's hard to find motivation. Since there is no one to critique or many local/national competitions, finding encouragement and drive would understandably deter many people.

specky2009

HSC
My sister and I are both composers, she has written the music for a bunch of different short films. I'm almost finished school and we're hopefully going to write a musical together, just for a stimulus to continue playing and composing. It's the love of it that keeps you going :)

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
My sister and I are both composers, she has written the music for a bunch of different short films. I'm almost finished school and we're hopefully going to write a musical together, just for a stimulus to continue playing and composing. It's the love of it that keeps you going :)
This. I don't compose for anything, I compose because I want to. I don't believe you necessarily need a goal to do it, if you love it, it comes naturally.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
This. I don't compose for anything, I compose because I want to. I don't believe you necessarily need a goal to do it, if you love it, it comes naturally.
Plus forcing yourself to write always seems to be that much more difficult...

I don't generally write things down when I 'compose'. More often than not its just playing with a mate and we make something up, then the next day it'll be something completely different though. Always good fun however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)