Comprehensive core biology notes + communications options - $12 (1 Viewer)

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
Hello to the new year 12s,

If you're looking for cheap, high quality notes which are all you need for your upcoming internal and external tasks, you've stumbled upon the right post :) (no need to read textbooks or any other resources, i promise! This way, you'll save a lot more time and effort that I unfortunately spent during my HSC course). Notes include practicals - when dealing with practicals, write about the ones you performed at school for your internals as it demonstrates to teachers that you've been listening and engaging in class activity. For externals, it is fine to use the pracs included in my notes.

I ranked 2nd overall in biology at a top 15 selective high school with an estimated atar of over 98 with these incredibly detailed notes which are extremely helpful when read during this time of year (i.e. year 12 term 1 to summer holidays). Let's be honest - if you have no idea what is going in bio, "high quality concise notes" won't cut it. Boredofstudies do have some resources but they are not that great despite being titled that way - they will only be useful when you are trying to just remember a dot point or a key word when you are studying for the HSC but for your internals, I recommend reading detailed notes like mine.

I achieved full marks on my first assessment task by making, compiling from teacher's sheets, textbooks and state ranking notes, then reading through these notes and I know you guys have your first assessment task coming up and to make the best out of your time, i recommend you do nothing but read/memorise these notes. It's important to also structure your responses well as these are essentially what HSC markers and most likely your school teachers are looking out for and these notes have been compiled in a way that already has the structure required for the best response you can write.

Tips:
* Look for key words and phrases in the question. Try to provide a definition for the key word e.g. If the question was "How does homeostasis aid in an organism's survival?" you would first give a definition of homeostasis in your response like "Homeostasis is the maintenance of an organism's internal environment despite the changes in the external environment and is usually in the form of a negative feedback loop. It is important in...etc." However, if that was a 1 marker question, don't provide a definition and just answer directly - this will save you time.

* Just reading my notes isn’t enough for memory retention so past papers are key to success whether they are from different schools or past HSC papers. Research shows that when reading, your mind only recalls 10% of the information you have read. Other methods of memorisation include verbally telling someone (or yourself in the mirror, cuz let’s be honest not many people wanna hear about Mendel’s pea plant experiment), writing down the information you had just learnt and so on.

If you find these notes too long when studying for the HSC, it's best if you summarise these notes in your own words as it will not only help you understand hard concepts (e.g. i found blueprint of life to be the most confusing topic for me) but also reinforce your memory and let you structure your responses better. *A challenge would be to summarise a whole module into just a single page.

Prices for biology notes:

Maintaining a Balance
47 pages
$3

Blueprint of Life
36 pages
$3

The Search For a Better Health
49 pages
$3

Communications
54 pages
$3
(Bonus- when bought, i will send you photocopies of the 'In Focus' book for the Communications topic that i got off a friend as the options topics aren't included in the general In Focus textbook)

Accepting payments via paypal. Please email me first at hungrymel@hotmail.com to purchase or ask for previews.

Lastly, good luck for the HSC! Don't stress too much, I'm sure you guys will pull through :)

Last edited:

aycaramba

HSC
N/A
BUMP! Thank you to those who purchased. I'm sure you'll ace your many biology tests to come :~)

Also selling UMAT materials! PM me for more information

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)