Comprehensive Syllabus Notes w/ Case Studies for EVERY syllabus point!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
So how would you fix the problem?
It can't be fixed. Yes, the fact that there was an exponentially greater number of leechers than uploaders was a problem, but all you've successfuly done is effectively blocked everyone access to any exams that have been uploaded.

Instead of having ten thousand people downloading three or four exams, in which everyone gains a little bit, you've changed things so that 25 people each get access to 25 exams.

I agree that it was bad before, and I even agree that your intentions in doing it were probably good, but you've only made it worse, and still fail to recognise that even <2 days before the exam.

HSC
But that really isn't a solution is it?

If it had not been created, would there be any difference to what it is now except with those 25~ getting exams?
I'm not questioning that you've increased the total number of exams available. In previous years there'd be 5 or 6 trials available at best, and now there's 25. However, in doing that you've prevented 99% of people who use this website from accessing ANY papers. We've gone from a large number of people having access to a small number of papers to a small number of people having access to a large number of papers.

Had you not created it, there would be three or four people, such as myself, who would have made their exams available for everyone to access. There would be fewer exams, but everyone would have access to them.

HSC
Recheck those stats, they're a blatant over exaggeration.

Even when it was the old syllabus, which lasted for several years, I'd say that it got up to 5 to 6 altogether.
Hence the words "at best" directly afterwards.

Look, I'm not going to argue this point with you. You made a stupid, selfish choice and are entitled to believe that it was an intelligent thing to do, but I'm not going to waste my time convincing you out of it.

Best of luck for Thursday.

transferring

HSC
N/A
now that you've accumulated a whole heap of papers, now would be a good time to release them, examine :)

Examine

same
HSC
Hence the words "at best" directly afterwards.

Look, I'm not going to argue this point with you. You made a stupid, selfish choice and are entitled to believe that it was an intelligent thing to do, but I'm not going to waste my time convincing you out of it.

Best of luck for Thursday.
Sorry, misinterpreted that as 5-6 papers per year.

But that'd mean it'd be 1 paper every two years right?

Ok cya, good luck to you too.

lisarhhh

HSC
youre a legend mate! thanks for uploading these awesome resources :)

Keelan134

HSC
OK, my answers for Penrith High MC section:

* with Question 13, we had a massive argument across both our business classes about what the answer should be. The question says that the company is "pricing its hire cars at a price that is below cost and below competitor prices."

Now, to me, the use of the words "below cost" screams loss leader, and that's what most people seemed to say. However, both our teachers said that it would only be loss leader if the business was using below-cost prices to attract customers into the store with the hopes of getting them to buy other products that they sell, and that since this wasn't the case in the example, that penetration pricing was the correct answer. My argument in response was "if that's the case, then why bother including the words below cost at all", to which I didn't really get a straight answer.

Personally, I don't think that the BOS would include the words "below cost" in a question like that unless the answer was loss leader, but yeah, Question 13 was a bit messed up.
Your teachers are describing bait and switch, the unethical practice thingo. It is loss leader mate :) Penetration pricing is undercutting competitors to gain grounding or market share. Loss leaders as the name suggests is operating at a loss, and to operate at a loss is to generate revenue that cant match costs :D

HSC
Your teachers are describing bait and switch, the unethical practice thingo. It is loss leader mate :) Penetration pricing is undercutting competitors to gain grounding or market share. Loss leaders as the name suggests is operating at a loss, and to operate at a loss is to generate revenue that cant match costs :D
Taken from Wikipedia:
A loss leader, or simply a leader, is a product sold at a low price, at or below its market cost to stimulate other sales of more profitable goods or services....The vendor expects that the typical customer will purchase other items at the same time as the loss leader and that the profit made on these items will be such that an overall profit is generated for the vendor.

So, loss leader does involve what my teachers were saying, but I do agree with you that the correct answer still should have been loss leader, because penetration pricing does NOT involve selling below cost.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
examine...

so I don't get it

everyone gives you exams and you give them yours in return?

whats so bad about that

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC
examine...

so I don't get it

everyone gives you exams and you give them yours in return?

whats so bad about that
Yeah, basically everybody gets all the exams which has been collected, and the future exams gathered. Everyone who has given a paper gets all the papers in return.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, basically everybody gets all the exams which has been collected, and the future exams gathered. Everyone who has given a paper gets all the papers in return.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's alright

don't worry

too many people on here are all about taking and are not bothered to give something of their own

so I think your exam center takes that element out which is good

ifraijaz

HSC
N/A
Omg thank you so muchhh!!! Saved my life honestly!! Thank you thank you thank you ahhhhh

The Expert

HSC
This is incredibly generous, it's so good to see someone sharing their work like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)