• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Computer Problem. Help!!! (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
blackbunny said:
your pc's mobo fucked up. this happen to me before so i just bought new pc
good idea lol my other comp pentium 166 has been there for 7 yrs and nothing like this has ever happened before.
Sucks to buy AMD. Pentiums from now on lol

sunny

meh.
HSC
People.

Random reboots != new PC needed.

Without having physically examining each component to diagnose the fault, it is quite ignorant to be blaming a problem with possibly thousands of causes on just one cause.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
As mentioned previoulsy it is most likley the mobo not the CPU hence it doesn't suck to by an AMD it sucks to buy 'X' mobo.

Replace the mobo if it doesn't work take it back and buy a new computer or keep iot and assemble a new computer.

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
sunny said:
People.

Random reboots != new PC needed.

Without having physically examining each component to diagnose the fault, it is quite ignorant to be blaming a problem with possibly thousands of causes on just one cause.
Thank you! Finally someone with some sense.

The motherboard is not always the component always at fault. It might be, but not necessarily. Perhaps taking each non-vital component out one and a time, and seeing if the computer still reboots, you can narrow down the possible causes.

HSC
I know =/ people claim one part faulty, get a new computer

its like when you damage a door on a car, you dont get a new car (lets assume you dont need labour too install the door and no depreciation)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)