Computer Science Semester 1 subjects plz help! (1 Viewer)

peter2

Banned
HSC
Hey people.
well im currently in the Students central on the computers lol but i wanted to know some information plz

i want to know on these first semester subjects, how easy the subject is and is getting a few distinctions and credits easy or hard. please help wirth any information of these subjects and ur help will be greatly appreciated

Math141
Math121
CSI114
CSI103

Cheers ppplz.

auzbabe4christ

Hi. How are you?
HSC
peter2 said:
Hey people.
well im currently in the Students central on the computers lol but i wanted to know some information plz

i want to know on these first semester subjects, how easy the subject is and is getting a few distinctions and credits easy or hard. please help wirth any information of these subjects and ur help will be greatly appreciated

Math141
Math121
CSI114
CSI103

Cheers ppplz.
hmmm... ok, i did math121 last yr, and if u like logic -- its easy enough... nothing major interesting, but i guess easy stuff to learn.

141 -- also pretty easy, but u gotta know the stuff, due to the 70% final exam... but u get a cheat sheet, so u should be right.

csci114 -- also did that last yr, i thought it was hard personally... but im doing BMathEd, so im not a computer genious.... but if u understand it it shuld be alright

dunno bout 103 though

HSC
Don't fuck around, do your work. This will lead to pretty good results, unless you lack the ability to actually do well when you apply yourself, in which case no amount of asking questions on here will make a difference anyway.

Presumably at least a bunch of those are core subjects, so it's not like you have a say in the matter anyway. What does having someone else's opinion on whether they're tough subjects or not achieve?

Scanorama

HSC
Some poeple find CSCI114 very hard and a lot of them failed. Personally I reckon it is piss easy and is taught by 2 great lecturers, if you work hard, you should pass it without any problem. If people can't find pass this subject, they should consider whether they should stay in compsci or not.

MATH121 is easy if you are a logic person, then it should be all right. When I did it, I asked the lecturers questions all the time and they were more than happy to help.

Not sure how they run CSCI103 now, when I did it, it was taught by Anne Fuller and it was very poorly taught.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Yeah as Scanorama said, you have to work like really hard for CSCI114. I advise you to try to spend as much time as you can coding using a good complier. Also take time to read the error messages, that compiler gives you. Always understand why the error is given, make it a point because that is very important.
You can also try tracing some peices of code manually, then you can compare your answer with the compliers, this will help you, especially in exams when you have to trace programs manually without the complier ;)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Don't fuck around, do your work. This will lead to pretty good results, unless you lack the ability to actually do well when you apply yourself, in which case no amount of asking questions on here will make a difference anyway.

Presumably at least a bunch of those are core subjects, so it's not like you have a say in the matter anyway. What does having someone else's opinion on whether they're tough subjects or not achieve?
Don't say that Geoff, he'll harass you for not answering his question properly and then threaten to bash you on campus :eek:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Can someone try this? I really want to see the result.

peter2

Banned
HSC
hey pplz.,
thanks for all the advise i appreciate i will really study hard dis year and go to all tutorials and lectures. Raiks u are a loser i swear to god u should be like 23 and u still act like a sadkid. get a life newayz thanx pplz for all da advise i appreciate it

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
At least he can speak, read, comprehend, and generally communicate in English, something you seem to lack.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
hangon, you threaten to bash me on the interwebnets, you refuse to type properly in your posts saving you maybe 3 key taps for your entire post.... and you're calling me a sadkid? niiice.

Koray

HSC
Raiks, he has a point. You just spam useless shit on here. You sad fvcka.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
peter2 said:
hey pplz.,
thanks for all the advise i appreciate i will really study hard dis year and go to all tutorials and lectures.
Make sure you do. People who get distracted by the unibar or sleep when they realise they don't need to turn up fail. If you want a transfer, you're going to have to work hard. To be honest, I think you'll have to wait one and a half to two years to trasfer to engineering at UTS.

Raiks u are a loser i swear to god u should be like 23 and u still act like a sadkid. get a life newayz thanx pplz for all da advise i appreciate it
You're calling him a "sadkid" after you threatened to bash him because of something he said over an Internet forum? You have no clue who he is, yet you still get annoyed by his shit?

Koray said:
Raiks, he has a point. You just spam useless shit on here. You sad fvcka.

Oh, in before "lol invayshon" ;)

feen

Fez Wearing Monkeyman
HSC
N/A
Scanorama said:
Some poeple find CSCI114 very hard and a lot of them failed. Personally I reckon it is piss easy and is taught by 2 great lecturers, if you work hard, you should pass it without any problem. If people can't find pass this subject, they should consider whether they should stay in compsci or not.

[...havent done math121...]

Not sure how they run CSCI103 now, when I did it, it was taught by Anne Fuller and it was very poorly taught.
QFT!

macoboi

HSC
i'm presuming he means the activity most people undertake at night, which involves closing your eyes and drifitng off to dreamland. from observation though, lots of uni students do this by day.

happinin

HSC
hangon, you threaten to bash me on the interwebnets, you refuse to type properly in your posts saving you maybe 3 key taps for your entire post.... and you're calling me a sadkid? niiice.
raiks it looks like your balls havent dropped yet...

say something useful or GTFO the forums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)