Computer Store / tech store thread (1 Viewer)

shiny

The Shiny One
HSC
N/A
Not really, I just checked and compared both sites. Fluidtek beats about 85% of centrecom's prices.
Only some of the CPUs and Mobos are cheaper at centrecom.
Bah it doesnt matter. Mix n match from both sites, it's all good.

mojako

HSC
do u think some of these stores will have further discounts for christmas or new year?
is it better to wait?

aditya

HSC
err no... i think they'll be out of stock and ull be left crying... lol... if ur picky about ur parts... the popular parts.. i.e. the best ones... are out of stock... so realli... they might even raise prices.. thats unlikely due to competition....

Bone577

HSC
N/A
shiny said:
Not really, I just checked and compared both sites. Fluidtek beats about 85% of centrecom's prices.
Only some of the CPUs and Mobos are cheaper at centrecom.
Bah it doesnt matter. Mix n match from both sites, it's all good.

I just checked Fluidtek's CPU prices and it is a bit rediculous. $300 for a 3000+ Athlon64? They only have 15 different video cards. They may be better in the other areas but that is all I checked.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Are the following all retail stores:
ITrite
Adelong Computers
Bleeding Edge Computer Systems
Techbuy
City Software

P.S. Do Harris Technology price Match

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
IT RITE is a real store.. been to it.. its in north rocks along north rocks road if i remember...

ADELONG is also a retail store... well i think it still is. there shop front is in alexandria or zetland or soemthing...

TECHBUY is just the website name for that actual shop. they use to be located in auburn... but i htink they moved to silverwater.

not sure about the others...

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
talk about computer stores...went to MSY to buy HD
i waited an entire hour!
asked for 250gb - no stock
200gb - no stock
160gb Yay!

anyways, a small tip for everyone, never bring your girlfriend to a computer store
lol couple in front of me...girl friend was totally pissed off waiting and even more pissed off when most of the stuff they wanted wasn't avaliable
entire time "Nathan you wasted my entire day..." "Nathan what do you want... Nathan nathan LOL

another couple behind me, hmm his girl was hot! anyways guy keeps telling girl to wait in the car...girls said no...asks her every 2mins and then finally she said yes after 15mins...
10mins later guys phone rings, and then i hear the guy say "okay i'll call you when i'm done and you can wait at mcdonalds HEHE

7th Sign

HSC
msy = the cheapest "store" i know of thats under 30 minutes drive away....
www.msy.com.au
msy is a bit dodgey like you have no chance of understanding what the guys who run the store say they have no personality at all.....
i have bough a digital tuner, burner and like 200 dvd r's of msy and every time they have no personality and dont seem to care about what your buying but the prices are cheap...
my personal store which is pretty cheap but the service is great is big bens computers www.bigbencomputer.com.au their great i have spent like 4 grand at this store and their always nice and friendly i recomend them...they fix your pc for like free ......if you buy something of them......they spent like 30 mins on my comp fixing it up when i only spent like 60 on ram.....their heaps nice...

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Use static-ice.. google for it

If you know exactly what product you are after, it works wonders.

nickswebtsv15

HSC
Yes, Just recently. I had a really good encounter with this online computer store. Welcome to The Australian Computer Market Store | Australian Computer Market Store. They are really good and have express postage on all their items. I ordered my graphics card and it arrived within 2 days. The reason I went with this store in the end is they offer Paypal as a form of payment, since I don't own a credit card.

I will have to have a look at some of the others to.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Are you serious, noone's heard of iBuyPower

Allright, its a little out of the way in victoria but they will custom build you machines ranging from piddly little desktops to gaming behemoths and cover it with a good warranty.

They're pretty cheap considering they build the machine just the way you want it and cover it with on site repair warranty for a small extra cost.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
Are you serious, noone's heard of iBuyPower

Allright, its a little out of the way in victoria but they will custom build you machines ranging from piddly little desktops to gaming behemoths and cover it with a good warranty.

They're pretty cheap considering they build the machine just the way you want it and cover it with on site repair warranty for a small extra cost.
yeah all the gaming laptops happened to be sold out.
nice one.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Gaming laptops might be good for the idea - take your game anywhere, but they cost twice as much for the same performance.

Besides, a gaming laptop doesnt give the same beastly impression as a full tower case with water colling, leds, dual graphics cards and a 30" monitor.

*sigh* i wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)