Computers - windows (1 Viewer)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
highpingbastard said:
Hey, but with Macs you get an ultra-funky keyboard. Oh, and the widescreen mac monitor looks fucken awesome.

Oh yeah, and also, such powerful processors don't really provide any advantages either...except maybe to gamers (who ALSO have an extremely powerful graphics card). The whole lot of it is unnecessary!

But, in the end, it's about the 'cool factor'.
Damn I love the keyboards. Feels like typing on water...wicked stuff. MACs are ok. If only Windows was on a Mac hardware that'll be the bomb. (emulators can't do it that well yet)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The reason I jumped over to Mac was I got completely sick of Windows. It just pissed me off that I had to constantly run virus scans, spyware scans, disk defrags, updates, all this invasive shit that Microsoft kept sending me (like their "recommendation" that I allow remote assistance, automatic updates and other bullshit). I got sick of biannual-formatting, hardware compatibility issues, an ever-cluttered registry (which led to ultra-lag) and most of all, a completely illogical and user-unfriendly interface.

I do admit that Windows does make it a bit more obvious when you want to do some slightly more advanced stuff (Mac OS assumes that technically minded people can use Terminal, which I can't yet) but overall I find the method of organisation is just convoluted and silly. OSX is just so much cleaner.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Lexicographer said:
The reason I jumped over to Mac was I got completely sick of Windows. It just pissed me off that I had to constantly run virus scans, spyware scans, disk defrags, updates, all this invasive shit that Microsoft kept sending me (like their "recommendation" that I allow remote assistance, automatic updates and other bullshit). I got sick of biannual-formatting, hardware compatibility issues, an ever-cluttered registry (which led to ultra-lag) and most of all, a completely illogical and user-unfriendly interface.

I do admit that Windows does make it a bit more obvious when you want to do some slightly more advanced stuff (Mac OS assumes that technically minded people can use Terminal, which I can't yet) but overall I find the method of organisation is just convoluted and silly. OSX is just so much cleaner.
If you have a nice little firewall and keep your computer safe, you wouldn't need to do all that :p. I have very little problems with my computer usually.

S

Shuter

Lexicographer said:
Whenever we set up ad-hoc wireless networks, or open up MS Office (which, by the way, is not only FULLY SUPPORTED on mac but way sexier and more functional to boot) they just drool.
Windows has terrible wireless functionality, yes. I use 3rd party software. But lol, you're saying people drool over how good office looks, I think those people need to get a life.

Anyway, XP/2k are perfectly stable and alot better to use than macs. I can't believe they still don't ahve a maximize/lock button on each window by default.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Hmm XP starts out stable but quickly begins falling over with time. As for the maximize function, it's just an element of the OS design. I admit it took getting used to (especially when I used to mazimise all my MSN windows by default and just alt+tab between them) but it's really not necessary. That is one thing I miss though.

One thing, compared with all the others I don't. Definitely worth the tradeoff.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
You can always go to the Law faculty, they have two computer labs there which are never full ever. ^_^. You'll need somebody passcode though, as its "exclusively for law students only =P", but just ask or knock and im sure they'll let you in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)