Computing and Business (1 Viewer)

tom16

Hi I was wondering what everyone's opinion of UTS was in general?

And in particular their B Business / Computing degree?

Thanks

b0red

HSC
yeh same i was interested in choosing that as one of my prefs

Is it a double degree?

buy me LOVER

HSC
BUMP!

would love to know some info too. just received an offer for b business/computing today. im a bit worried though, cause i only really chose it to get into business at uts. i enjoyed computing in highschool... i know its far from anything i should expect at uni, so if anybody can give me some info on it.. it would me much appreciated!

I was also wondering if it is crucial for me to do maths extension 1, as it is a recommended unit of study? Could i possibly, not do it and still do okay?

Last edited:

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC
buy me LOVER said:
BUMP!

would love to know some info too. just received an offer for b business/computing today. im a bit worried though, cause i only really chose it to get into business at uts. i enjoyed computing in highschool... i know its far from anything i should expect at uni, so if anybody can give me some info on it.. it would me much appreciated!

I was also wondering if it is crucial for me to do maths extension 1, as it is a recommended unit of study? Could i possibly, not do it and still do okay?
You can always transfer to straight business after the first year. You just need about a credit average right? My opinion..that's not too hard to obtain..but yeah, It'll be up to you how hard you work (and you won't need to bust your ass off since its not that hard).

No, maths extension 1 is recommended, but so far in the first year, we haven't used anything from it really. There are a few things (logic-like problems or algebraic problems) that are required, but..to me, I feel they're free marks. The most trouble you may have in the first year is in Computing Fundamentals and boolean algebra and logic gates (but I found them relatively easy in the end :D).

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Thanks for all your useful replies ragnarok. No, you don't have to do Maths Ext 1, infact you'll easily get my having done Maths or General Maths. You'll probably find more maths in Business (like statistics and finance), rather than in IT where all you'll do is the stuff that ragnarok mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)