Concentration techniques..... (1 Viewer)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I find that music can be good during maths but I have to have my ipod right in front of me so if i cant concentrate i can just turn it off so i can focus. All other subjects i have to have silence. If i dont i will get distracted and end up singing or playing my guitar, or keep writing and nothing would be sinking in. I think it is important to establish what is right for you. I also use different techniques to help me focus. Like i will say i will not leave this desk for the next 40 minutes or i will not leave this desk until i have this completely finished my homework or writing up these notes. Another thing that i do to not get distracted is think if i finish these notes or finish doing whatever i am doing i can go on MSN for 30 minutes. Another helpful thing is establish what on your computer distracts you and delete it for example i did that with MSN over exams so i wouldnt talk while i would study i got heaps more done. If you are finding certain things distracting eliminate them from your environment like you said you felt the need to listen to songs have that on during breaks or when you are not studying.

yer8899

HSC
sm16 said:
OMG!...Anyone have some....i realli need them!....Seriously when its exams thats when i waste more time...like i have exams this week and i do one page and then feel the need to sit at the comp, listen to songs, dance around....do EVERYTHING but STUDY!....Argh...its realli frustrating...!!!!:burn:

Anyone know how to survive 4 exams without studying...lol!....geez...thinkin abt my UAI now....i think my only careeer option will be workin at Woolies or Macaaz :bomb: ..... Any advice shud be helpful!
judging by your spelling and grammar, that is inevitable.

sm16

HSC
yer8899 said:
judging by your spelling and grammar, that is inevitable.
durrrr its called using shorthand....!!!!!..Anyways my bright future might not be near it as i'm nearly in all band 6's~!:):):):)

Man...looks like pple came up with good advice on concentration!!!!!...thats gr8..mite put some into use....apart from the library bit....gosh..cant get a shittier library than mine!!!!!:burn:

sm16

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
wow that totally made sense * not going off just letting you know what u are writing does not make sense*
Well to help you make sense of it....i mean my current future ain't near MC Donalds or Woolworths!!!!

Hope my writing makes sense now dear! :cool:

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
I didn't understand what you were saying at first either.
I got the general gist, but it was just bad phrasing.
But I understand it properly now =)
And there is some pretty good advice here, I'll add.

I don't usually like to listen to music to study, unless I'm in a noisy library, in which case I'll listen to classical, which I find helps.
And I've also started to set myself short goals, like 30 minute study sessions.
Seems to work.

Most of all though, I think being organised is really important.
Having study sessions planned, knowing what you want to accomplish and having your notes ordered etc.

Hope that helps a little =)

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
I sometimes may...

- Sleep during the afternoon.

I always...

- Listen to music when studying etc.

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
when i start, i decide a time that ill work till and then i wont let myself stop until then. and i wouldnt wear a watch when u do that cos ull look at it all the time. btw i only mean like an hour at a time, then take a break

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)