Concept Help/Definition Help (1 Viewer)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
Hi, my EE1 class is going to be starting the "new" ( use the term loosely) Gender and Language Unit and my Teacher wants us to define/create a gender concept.

This is my concept can you please critique it:

Gender is a concept of self, relating to the physical and mental attributes an individual displays.
Gender can be simply defined by the reproductive organs an individual may display such as women are defined by breasts and a vagina; men are defined by having a penis and testicles. Many see this as the primary concept by which we define gender. Gender is determined during infancy and continues through out life.

Many consider themselves stable within this role, though gender may also be defined by the mindset of an individual, for example transgender persons consider themselves to be more feminine or masculine in contrast to their physicality and is often label with the condition referred to as “Gender Identity Disorder”, which is marked by a sense of inappropriateness to ones sexual anatomy and role in society.

As an individual explores their concept of gender we often continue to label and separate them by physical means eg. Public Restrooms are clearly defined by Men’s (Gents) and Women’s (Ladies) and a child is taught to accept these classifications. An individual who feels confusion towards these labels is often frowned upon and suppresses these feelings.

Thank You in Advanced
Marcquelle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)