Conception Day 08 (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oooh, was trying to find them on myspace and hear what they sounded like...yeah they're not too bad, 2 bands it is!

buzzcocks

HSC
grinners !!! good enough for me.

dig bLEED (melbs), excellent raw live band

art vs science , another im on to

those are worth a sly 50 ;)

Those ill definitely catch
The rest, will have to see how i go after beer oclock !

ALLLICE

HSC
The line up for this year is kinda meh. I heard from some drunk at the ubar the other night that Tool played one year way back? Seriously, wut. That might just be a ridiculous rumour though.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I've heard that rumour, but never really confirmed it, Blink 182 is another one thats rumoured to have been around in the older days

IhasaFlavaFlav

HSC
ALLLICE said:
The line up for this year is kinda meh. I heard from some drunk at the ubar the other night that Tool played one year way back? Seriously, wut. That might just be a ridiculous rumour though.
BB King once did a free concert at lunchtime. Thats pretty awesome.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
What a joke! Alumni are invited to conception day, they still have to pay $50.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
jezzmo said:
Yeah the Tool rumour is true but I think it was before aenima .. ie. they were big, but not "an entire genre of social class" big.

edit: I was not correct. It was 1997, post-aenima. Wasn't conception day though.
Back when the Atrium used to hold bands I assume?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Shows how much I've been out of it, almost forgot it was this week!

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Back when the Atrium used to hold bands I assume?
Apparently it was for a short-lived music festival (Equinox) that was held on Macquarie University grounds. Tool, Skunk Anansie, Blink 182 amongst others...

iwannarock

HSC
jezzmo said:
Oi, I'm a shoo-boot kick nugget. I know more than 8 kick winners with $50 friends. But none without.

This means, openly, I am a friendless FART HOG. I need a ticket. I will give an additional $10, or pizza coupons, or my own green under-garments. Please allow me a wristband, gandalf.

I owe you a giggle. Riddle and wiggle, please help a kind sire. Will be walking through the SAM unit at ~1:30pm tomorrow with a sorrowful scarl and a 30-pack of stickers that are inappropriate. Please don't approach with stickers. I need a band. A band that is more capable than wrist-slit emo female red red wineeeeeeee, stay close to meeeeeeeee.... keyboard karaoke makes the world a little cheeky.
if you give me the money i'll get you a ticket.

aren't you alumni anyway?

im not going to conception day this year though.

gotta work.

although it kinda sucks it'll be my last one and im not even going.

IhasaFlavaFlav

HSC
Tickets sold out which is kinda cool, the 8,000 tickets didn't sell out last year but the 10,000 did this year.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Weather leading into last year didn't help though, plus as much as I love Karnivool, they weren't really a big name for the mainstream market.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They're still together afaik, just taking their sweet time releasing the new album :(

And I'm sure you could probably sweet talk some poor first year into giving you a ticket justin!

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
gah hey
does anyone have a spare ticket they wanan pawn off?
or picked up a paid ticket at all?

my friend went in to get his today and it was sold out

send me a text on 0431048830 if you got one yo!!

X

xeuyrawp

IhasaFlavaFlav said:
Tickets sold out which is kinda cool, the 8,000 tickets didn't sell out last year but the 10,000 did this year.
Yes... All sold out... HAIL THE GREAT IMPERATOR, HAIL! May the GLORY of our FEDERATION bring HAPPINESS to the Rev Dr Hon Woon, rest his BLESSED FATHER the Prof Dr Hang! Truly Communism Smiles at Us Today Fellows as the greatness of The Struggle Brings us closer with Our Beloved Bretheren!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)