• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Conception Day 2005 (3 Viewers)

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
lol
aye its not me bein cheap we got it for free
but u know the 8 or so tightasses i was didnt wanna pay to get in since they didnt know what was inside. that nd the line for tix was heaps long
lol so passin out the bands always work

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
so what your saying is... your mates drove alll the way to mq and didnt know what it was...?

hahahah its overrated anyways... trance went off tho... were you there last year?

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
man lol
were was the trance tent?
i was trying to find it
and got annoyed nd went home at aroudn 7
they had the subbies dj's there
hopefully they get em there this yr as well

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
what dj was it? i remember my mate trying to get the trance tent happening at like 2pm... broad daylight... empty tent my mate trying to break...
funniest shit i saw...
it was shit during the day but when the sun went down, the lasers came up... it went off, it was hot!

they need rnb as well, they didnt have that did they? they also need more alco booths...

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
it was nik fish & amber savage
(Y)
they should turn the atrium part into a daylight rave
ayee
with lasers nd all

they said they had rnb
but i never saw it
but there was a sign t

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
oh shit i think rnb was in the atrium... or there was sth there but i didnt go...
definitely didnt see amber... they should get peeweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and the day should start 5 hours later and end 8 hours later

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
in the atrium was pretty empty
it was some heavy metal type goth type music in there or somethin
only a few ppl millin around

ye lol why not turn it into a rave altogether

but yea off topic now
so whats happenin this yr

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
when do we know whos performing? i really hope non mq people are coming else im gonna be alone again!

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
zipztar said:
I thought i saw an article that conception day was like gonna be restricted to MAC uni Members only? Ill tell u where i saw this piece of info....

go to the library
turn right and walk down the stairs towards the newsagency
This is the stiarcase with the disabled machine transporting device
look to your left

*gasp* horrible

neways yeah, is this like bs? or is it true!

I may be young and naive but please take advantage of me :p
That's the worst news I've ever heard :(. I've been hanging for Conception Day since last year's one. It was the greatest day of Uni ever.

zipztar

HSC
yes Ghay!

Unfortunately I think that this is all true, I mean they have a forum on this thing already somewhere else.. im gonna google it up soon.. but yeah... they should have the damn conception day open to all (non mac uni students pay though... cos they are evil) and on the field next to the lake! the atrium would suck hard core.... I heard its cos of some person called Yi? Doesnt want noise or something, A solution would be to pitch in 50 cents each and buy her a weekend away to make her shut her toot hole :D

neways im boiling over this because my bragging rights to being at the coolest uni ever will be like munted by this!

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
this is shit!!! all yr ive been looking forward to this, hearing about how good it is and stuff. ive evenly befriended a person who lives nearby so i can crash at his place afterwards (takes me 2 hours 2 get home)

why would they be changing it for???

and just wondering, as dumb as it sounds, can you BYO it or do you have to buy it there?

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
isnt yi a guy?
vice chanellor guy or somethin
*shrugs
yi dubery?
somethin or other
or was that di yurburry?
lol
*shrugs

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
fornstar... cant byo mate.. you could sneak it in but your not meant to
beers were about 4.5 each so it wasnt too bad but if your looking to get wasted drink prior mate... or sneak in a bottle

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
fornstar... cant byo mate.. you could sneak it in but your not meant to
beers were about 4.5 each so it wasnt too bad but if your looking to get wasted drink prior mate... or sneak in a bottle
yea looks like i will have to

might go mates place 1st, get pissed and make way to uni. well not totally pissed, just a lil happy so we are allowed in at least

are the lines massive???

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
fornstar said:
yea looks like i will have to

might go mates place 1st, get pissed and make way to uni. well not totally pissed, just a lil happy so we are allowed in at least

are the lines massive???
Just skull a few before you go in. The maq uni security people know you're not meant to have alky around the Uni but they usually just tell you to skull instead of fining you.

Lines are pretty big, but if it's limited to only us then we'll see it drop heavily I'd presume

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
p.s.I heard from a girl who goes to USYD that they have already introduced VSU there from this semester onwards... has anyone else heard the same? How unfair! I wanted to keep my $178 this semester. I'm so poor.
I thought VSU makes fees voluntary. Or did I get it the other way around.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Within the spirit of spreading the word, and knowing that Phil wouldn't mind, here's an email he sent out on the 1st of August:
Was this an email responding to your question about Conception Day or was it a general email sent out to all students?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
From the SAM site:

CONCEPTION DAY 2005
More info soon . . .

Until then, email us below to make suggestions or comments, such as what band and/or DJ would you like to see, is there anything from the past years events we have missed out on, or is there anything else you can suggest to make the day even better.

Cheers

David Ward
Events & Entertainment Manager

dward@sam.mq.edu.au

I'm going to write an indignant email. In bold red. My computer has 512 shades of red. (I've been watching too much Simpsons lately, sorry for the obscure quote).

But yeah, this is annoying. They shouldn't mess with Conception Day at all, it was mad!

Last edited:

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
cpjeeves said:
But yeah, this is annoying. They shouldn't mess with Conception Day at all, it was mad!
Wrecking the one day of the year I actually wanna go to Uni. Gah!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MaryJane said:
How can they restrict it to MQ students? They will lose out on soo much money. And can you imagine how disgusting it would be in the Atrium with all those sweaty bodies and vomiting and smoking pot?

What is happening to the MQ we all knew and loved! :(

p.s.I heard from a girl who goes to USYD that they have already introduced VSU there from this semester onwards... has anyone else heard the same? How unfair! I wanted to keep my $178 this semester. I'm so poor.
No they have not, just we paid all our union fees upfront at the start of the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)