Conception Day Info Thread (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You’d be mad to miss out on the biggest event of the year at Macquarie Uni. Friday 14th September is Conception Day. Introduced some 38 years ago, this celebration of University life at Macquarie is a must see and is definitely not to be missed!

This year, we are encouraging you to share Conception Day with your non-Macquarie mates. That’s right, this year non-students can come and join the fun for just $45.00, but they must be accompanied by a Macquarie Uni Student. These tickets must be pre-purchased by a Macquarie Uni Student (limited to one guest per Macquarie Student).

If you are one of the lucky one’s who get in quick and gets a ticket, you can expect to see world class acts performing across four mammoth arenas showcasing the very best of each style of music.

Headline acts include:

• [*]Karnivool
    [*]Horsell Common
    [*]Mammal
    [*]Dead Letter Circus

Plus loads of the top ranking DJ’s from around Australia including 'futureistic&sexyasf*ckdirtydiscotrashhouse' DJ’s such as Grant Smillie (TV Rock), Goodwill (Ministry of Sound) Carl Kennedy (Kings of New York) and the masters of hard dance, Sublime@home proudly brings us Nik Fish, Amber Savage, Archie, Kemuri and many more!

Whether your there for the music or there for the rides and party in general, you will not be lost for something to do.

Stay tuned for information on ticket sales and information!

NO TICKET = NO ENTRY - NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE WILL BE MADE!

Get set for the most action packed and star studded CONCEPTION DAY EVER!!!

If you’re a Macqaurie Uni Student, it is FREE ENTRY! You must pick up your ticket from SAM Central (10am – 4pm Monday to Friday) or the SAMBar (4pm – 8pm Monday to Friday) before Thursday 13th September 2007! We have a very strict capacity this year, so if not already sold out tickets will stop selling at 4pm on Thursday 13th September 2007.
Updated: 29 August
Added, the new 'clause'

I'll try and add any other info found out.

Headline previews:

http://www.myspace.com/mammaltheband
http://www.myspace.com/deadlettercircus
http://www.myspace.com/karnivool
http://www.myspace.com/horsellcommon

--------------------------------------------

Personally I'm pretty stoked about Karnivool, but mammal sound pretty fucking tops as well, and dead letter circus aren't too bad, horsell I could probably tolerate, should be pretty good this year.

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
AsyLum said:
Karnivool will be headlining
oooh I really like Karnivool :)

All I really know about conception day though is that it's suppossed to be just one massive piss up and everyone gets trashed? is that true? :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Friday, September 14, 2007 at 11:00am

You will see flyers around the uni as of next week. It will also be featured in the word.

I work in the Entertainment department @ SAM, so I guess you're going to have to take my word for it until you see the flyers :p
*peers*

I see you on facebook *chuckles* I think....

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
haha...*checks facebook* zomg new friend request

yep, that's me

K.

HSC
What was the point of buying the SAM card? I think it should be free from SAM cardholders not free for all!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Not sure, probably be clarified later on.

And maybe with funds being properly managed now, they've realised they can afford to splurge every so often

Kegs

HSC
SAM card will be free to all students next year.

I am fair sure Ajax and maybe Bang Gang DJ's will be at conception day. That's all from me.

HSC
N/A
Kegs said:
SAM card will be free to all students next year.

I am fair sure Ajax and maybe Bang Gang DJ's will be at conception day. That's all from me.
So what's the main plug for getting students to pay student union fees next year then? :/

Is there any sort of official announcement on this that I missed? Had a quick look in student email and on MQ news and couldn't find anything (but I did only have a quick look, so...)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its a university company now, not like the unions of past, the finances, and everything, is under its complete control.

HSC
N/A
True.

But that still leaves me wondering - assuming they will try to get some sort of contribution fee for the students, how are they going to do it? Will it become some sort of new compulsary fee? Or will we not be 'encouraged' to pay anything at all? (although I find that hard to believe?)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can't think of it needing funding, from what I understand the whole thing is going to be self-funded with avenues for business being utilised using the official channels, rather than trying to muster some sort of fee-funding.

All from pure speculation.

Kegs

HSC
I am pretty sure there are no fees. The way it seemed was cards and benifits for all students at no charge.

iwannarock

HSC
well im ruined now.

my plan before was to buy like 3 tickets.

so each time i get thrown out i have a new ticket to get in with.

but now when i get thrown out........what will happen?

i need to revisit the drawing board.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You need a poncho and a big mexican hat. Then you'll be el cognito!

(Not sure how they're going to check you're a student/member or not so)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)