Concepts/Ideas???? (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
is it really necessary to have a concept or idea in your art work that u feel about. i was thinking of doing something about animals or conservation but im only choosing that because its easy... not something i care deeply about.

i have absolutely no idea what to do.... all i know is that computers must be used because i suck at everything else!

graphics would be good because i want to become a graphic and web designer and im already doing a website for my dnt major work and i didn't really want to double up... that way i have a bit of everything to show.

biggie walls

HSC
u dont need to feel strongly about something, in fact you could explore apathy in relation to several important issues... although yes i agree it is much easier to do something you 'care about' ;) especially working with graphics where youre conveying a bold message most of the time...

take a look at the work of Barbara Kruger for some inspiration, although you dont have to take this path (as I said earlier)... the main thing is to have a good contemporary concept - it doesnt have to be really complicated, it just has to be consistent throughout your work!

good luck

rachael.mcgee

HSC
yeah i reckon...art these days seems to be all about the Concept, sometimes i just wanna make art cos it's beautiful. art for art's sake, not to challenge people's ideas or confront or make a point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)