concepts in bio = "first year biology" ? (1 Viewer)

garry007

HSC
N/A
in terms of gamsat (which needs first year bio)....is concepts in biology in first semester sufficient or should i do a follow up in second semester like human biology (ive chosen molecular biology and genetics...not sure if that'll help?)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
r u serz?!?! i heard gamsat tests 1st yr chem and hsc phys?!?!

garry007

HSC
N/A
ACER: "[GAMSAT]generally corresponds to the first year of university studies in biology and chemistry, and Year 12 in physics"

Chemsitry: 40%, Biology: 40%, Physics:20%

Skeeta

HSC
ok it doesnt look like they have one

garry007

HSC
N/A
im not realli interested in bridging course..im jus asking about first year bio :)

jessum

HSC
interesting... im thinking of doing gamsat and stuff after my degree which is a whole 5 years away, but still.. i hadnt even looked and didnt realise we need to do uni level stuff
i dont wanna do chemistry though :( bahhhh its not fair. that means ill have to sacrifice some of my fun classes and do chem
im doing bio though.. those 2 first courses someone else was talking bout

transcendent

HSC
N/A
my friend who is really determined to be a surgeon is study on her own all the time. whatever they said about just first year uni science, do more. you can never be too prepared.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
jessum said:
interesting... im thinking of doing gamsat and stuff after my degree which is a whole 5 years away, but still.. i hadnt even looked and didnt realise we need to do uni level stuff
i dont wanna do chemistry though :( bahhhh its not fair. that means ill have to sacrifice some of my fun classes and do chem
im doing bio though.. those 2 first courses someone else was talking bout
what do you mean by "fun classes"?

garry007

HSC
N/A
classes that she would LIKE doing or have fun doing??? dunno lol

s_anne72

HSC
at enrolments...
i talked to the biology person that was there...
n i asked bout the requirements for the gamsat...
she said that either MBLG1001 or biology in 2nd semester would give u sufficient knowledge for "1st year biology"...

she mentioned that the only difference is that biology such as human biology (BIOL1003) is more about the "physical" side of things... whereas MBLG1001 is more on the "molecular" side...
LOL i dunno... does that help?

but on the whole... u'd be fine if u do either...

i chose MBLG1001 too :D

>>also... its weird... gamsat booklet states that u only need yr 12 mathematics :confused:

garry007

HSC
N/A
ye that does help..thanks...but yeah..i dun think theres too much maths involved..like u dont even have to take a caculator i think

tuma

HSC
What about 'ecosysrem to genes'? would that be a good unit to study in prep for gamsat or should i do the 'concepts of bio'?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ive done some reading of the textbook. it looks good. more like chem and i lean more that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)