Concepts of Journey (1 Viewer)

danok

HSC
HI,

i really need help with the concepts of journey, like wat is a concept of journey?

when god was handing out talent for english i was away in a field saying "me must be somewhere today"

even a general idea would help thnx

Dr_Doom

HSC
Yeah I thought it was physical, imaginary and inner.. But it's not. Could someone plz explain.

Josh

danok

HSC
NEED HELP PLS REPLY

i have no concept of journey and is the most important part of the essay im doing *cries* pls help

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
what do you mean you have no concept of journey? do you mean you are unsure about what a journey is? or are you unsure about the area you're studying which can be either physical, imaginary or inner?

danok

HSC
umm im studying physical journeys and like dr doom i thought the concept of journey was like intellectual or emotional but it isnt my teacher just cut me down and didnt offer wat the concept of journey actually was

she is sixty something *i think she has alsiemers or something*

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
danok said:
umm im studying physical journeys and like dr doom i thought the concept of journey was like intellectual or emotional but it isnt my teacher just cut me down and didnt offer wat the concept of journey actually was

she is sixty something *i think she has alsiemers or something*
Physical Journey's involve different types of obstacles and movements from one place to another. they provide opportunities for travellers to extend themselves physically, emotionally and intellectually as they respond to challenges and learn more about themselves.

what your teacher means IMO is what type of journey was it. for eg was the physical journey emotional because the individual lost someone he loved? its kind of confusing when you think about it that way as my teacher never explained it to me like that. really all you have to write about is what happens to the individual in your text as a result of undertaking a physical journey. have they achieved self-growth? broadened their understanding about themselves and the world around them? etc ..

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
okay, its a good idea to do some brainstorming to what it the term "journeys" actually means. think about all the different saying, idioms, wise words, clique used that involve journeys...

e.g. "the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step"
e.g. "what is important is the journey, not the destination"

e.g. the journey is a learning curve...the journey bridges the gap between reality and the imaginative...think about concepts in this way, to better grapple what 'journeys' intrinsically means to you, much more beyond the simple meaning of "the process of going from A to B"

hannah27

HSC
hey my understanding of what a journey is , in english terms, is that it is a movement from somewhere to somewhere else, whether it be physically, or imaginatively, or emotionally, and through this journey you have gained new insights and therefore discovered new ideas about the world in general. the idea is that you learn through overcoming barriers in your life and lifes journeys and that if you dont do anything (as in dont go on a journey anywhere) you wont learn anything and therefore will not a grow as a person.

sorry that was kinda badly written...i'm doing imaginative so i'm not really sure how to express physical journeys but i do know the concept of journeys is to gain new insights and ideas... like learn to appreciate things once misunderstood...

amz-06***

HSC
a concept of a physical journey is what a journey actually is. A physical journey is travelling from one place to another, highlighting consequences and changes. Destination is important and also the experience and the repercussions it provides.:)

munchie_babe

HSC
Hey I did advanced last year and Mountain Dew is right about the concepts of a journey.
They are things you can say about a journey for example in Titanic, a movie we've all seen, one concept of rose and jack's journey is that "love is the most important journey", as opposed to money.. or that "journey's may be painful and require sacrifices but serve a purpose in the end" i.e. Jack died so rose could live and in effect rose could live the life she dreamed. Bad examples but off the top of my head they'll give you an idea. Another example is that of the Road not Taken one concept of this is that "You can only choose one path on life's journey and you'll never know what couldv'e been".
Mountain Dew's examples are better, just thought I'd help clear it up.

seza02

HSC
I have to do a speech for english on two texts which relate to physical journey. Im doin a foreign film called 'Brides' and the Green Day song 'Good Riddance'. However as well as writing techniques, we have to explain how the text connects with the concept of journeys and examine the aspects of journeys which the text explores!!

What is the differnce between the concept of journeys and the aspect of journeys????

HELP!:eek:

clarisse.d

HSC
to seza if you'll ever get around to reading this:

I'm pretty sure that the journey concept is the actual meaning of the physical, inner and imaginative journey, however the aspects of the journey is different.
The aspects are like

- A journey can be forced or self instigated
- The journey itself is more important than the destination
- A journey may involve obstacles
- A journey may be substantial or trivial
- A journey begins with a single step
- Everyone's journeys are different
- A journey is never ending

I'm sure there were a few more but I can't remember them right now.

Hope this was helpful

clarisse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)