Concepts vs Thesis (1 Viewer)

supR

Trials are the best
HSC
Uni Grad
Our teacher was elaborating on the difference between the types of ideas that can be encompassed by a question (Answered in your thesis) and the concepts that our paragraphs will be based on.

I am still confused by the difference, as I am struggling the develop concepts to fit my techniques and ideas. I'm trying to form a concept based on the idea that Discoveries incorporate obstacles and challenges that need to be overcome. This fits well with my related and prescribed texts, and I have gained some content to fit in these paragraphs.

Thanks in advance

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad

EnglishTutor7

HSC
N/A
Concepts are the abstract ideas explored throughout a text. Examples of concepts inlude journeys, belonging, discovery as well as prejudice, freedom, justice etc. The essay question will usually spell out the concept and theme (underlying message) which you need to discuss. The thesis is the line or argument you intend to take with regards to the concept.

I think you need to be more flexible in terms of being prepared to answer any question related to the concept of discovery. Yes, discoveries can involve challenges and obstacles, but that's just one of many aspects. It's better to have a broad understanding of the Area of Study and familiarise yourself with several key themes from your texts rather than stick to just one aspect because they may very well ask you to explore something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)