Concerning Ranks in PRACTICAL subjects (1 Viewer)

Pierotte

HSC
Im sooo confused. How does this work?
In drama i topped every single written examination all year, yet my over all rank is second, which i guess may have happened through me screwing up a prac assesment rather badly.

Now, how do my HSC practical mark, HSC theory mark and overall rank come together?
I know we are ranked on our in the theory exam, but were we also ranked in our practical HSC exam?
Do we get an overall prac AND theory rank?
Or does our original assesment rank just get compared to our rank in the written exam...
Does this make any sense?

It doesnt to me...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Pierotte said:
Im sooo confused. How does this work?
In drama i topped every single written examination all year, yet my over all rank is second, which i guess may have happened through me screwing up a prac assesment rather badly.

Now, how do my HSC practical mark, HSC theory mark and overall rank come together?
I know we are ranked on our in the theory exam, but were we also ranked in our practical HSC exam?
Do we get an overall prac AND theory rank?
Or does our original assesment rank just get compared to our rank in the written exam...
Does this make any sense?

It doesnt to me...
both the marks (prac and theory) are added together, there is no seperate rank for prac and theory.

Pierotte

HSC
fleepbasding said:
both the marks (prac and theory) are added together, there is no seperate rank for prac and theory.
Ok... i understand that...but...

Ill try to better articulate my main query

Final HSC mark is a combination of 50% assesment mark and 50% exam mark, true?

Well in regard to the 50% exam mark will that include someone elses practical mark.

I was always under the impression that you recieve your own individual practical mark, but i just dont understand how that would work...

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Pierotte said:
Ok... i understand that...but...

Ill try to better articulate my main query

Final HSC mark is a combination of 50% assesment mark and 50% exam mark, true?

Well in regard to the 50% exam mark will that include someone elses practical mark.

I was always under the impression that you recieve your own individual practical mark, but i just dont understand how that would work...
No, it won't include someone elses prac mark. Your exam mark is the sum of your own written and practical examinations. Your exam mark is unchanged by the performance of anyone in your class. Your assesment mark is the one that changes according to the perforamance of classmates, though it's kind of too complicated for me to explain here, and it has been explained quite a bit on this forum already.

Pierotte

HSC
fleepbasding said:
No, it won't include someone elses prac mark. Your exam mark is the sum of your own written and practical examinations. Your exam mark is unchanged by the performance of anyone in your class. Your assesment mark is the one that changes according to the perforamance of classmates, though it's kind of too complicated for me to explain here, and it has been explained quite a bit on this forum already.
mm i tried searching before i posted, but i cant find anything regarding practical subjects specifically. I almost understand it, but ive "almost" been understanding it for months now, its driving me insane, i want to totally 100% understand.
I dont understand the maths of it...
unless if its like
50% assesment mark,
25% exam mark,
25% practical mark...

Thnx anyway

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Pierotte said:
mm i tried searching before i posted, but i cant find anything regarding practical subjects specifically. I almost understand it, but ive "almost" been understanding it for months now, its driving me insane, i want to totally 100% understand.
I dont understand the maths of it...
unless if its like
50% assesment mark,
25% exam mark,
25% practical mark...

Thnx anyway
alright- your breakdown of marks there is confused. The practical (performance) is part of the exam mark. Right, got that?
The exam mark is 50% of your overall HSC mark. Your exam mark is the combination of practical and written- practical = 60% and written = 40%. These added together give you your exam mark.

The other 50% is your internal assesment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)